+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crewe V Yeovil **Starting XI**

Crewe V Yeovil **Starting XI**

Can anyone envisage any changes to the starting XI? Think on merit the same 11 should start and a strong bench

Garratt
    Turton Davis Ray Leigh
    Tate
    Grant Jones
    Ness
    LDV Ajose

Subs: Etheridge, Baillee, Haber, Stewart, Nolan, Cooper, Inman

re: Crewe V Yeovil **Starting XI**

Quote Originally Posted by Drapercrewe
    Can anyone envisage any changes to the starting XI? Think on merit the same 11 should start and a strong bench

Garratt
    Turton Davis Ray Leigh
    Tate
    Grant Jones
    Ness
    LDV Ajose

Subs: Etheridge, Baillee, Haber, Stewart, Nolan, Cooper, Inman

Think it will be one of those occassions when the squad is important.

James Jones may need a rest. He's young and doubt he's played Saturday -Tuesday (against men) before.

That would probably bring Turton into midfield with Bailie getting his place back at wing back.

Think LDV will start, but expect Haber/possibly inman to play a part from the bench

Depending on how Yeovil have set up in the last few games would determine Steve's choice of team.

I would stay the same just to add to the confidence factor as the player will be buzzing from Saturday's result.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Depending on how Yeovil have set up in the last few games would determine Steve's choice of team.

Whilst I agree this has to come into a manager's thinking sometimes, I think it should be of less importance for a home game.
    The onus is on enough to lead from the front.

I think this is one of the gripes Vale fans have with Page - and to a degree, I can see where they are coming from.

We are the team in form - let Yeovil worry about us.
    It's like this business with Tate as a DM, wonder if he will be deployed there tonight or if Saturday was a "horses for courses" selection.
    We shall see

Personally speaking, I would tend to go with the team that started at Yeovil, perhaps with one exception and that being the inclusion of either Baillie or Stewart at RB. I would reckon that SD will keep Jones in there as he will be brimming with confidence after Saturday. That alone will give him the fresh legs to continue where he left off. Yes, there will come a day when he will need a rest, but now is not the time. Really pleased that Haber gave us a new dimension and was effective when he came on. Used as an impact player might be his forte.

Ollie Turton did fine on Saturday no need to change him or anyone else.

If the rumours are true that Matt Tootle will not be playing for the club again , then I am sure Bailee will be back in the team soon

I didn't get to Colchester, but the gut feeling (despite the sudden loss of Ikpeazu) is that we have a 'squad' rather than a team and a few subs. That is a blessing.

Sat/Tues/Sat is a tough call, so, while there are some people whoses are set in stone (Garratt, Ajose, Harry, Ness, Leigh, for example), there are others who will need to play a bit less.

I see SD showing us his immense management skills in sending out players to do a job. Off at the slightest twinge or sign of weakness, and replaced with guys who are skilled and confident.

On our day we can beat anybody ... today and Saturday will be OUR days.

What are the rumours about Matt Tootle? Why? Has his denial a few weeks ago not changed things? What is the official reason for his absence?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan
    What are the rumours about Matt Tootle? Why? Has his denial a few weeks ago not changed things? What is the official reason for his absence?
    I thought that he was injured.

He is, i even spoke to a dad of one of the players at a 21's game the other week and he said he fell over on his ankle in the gym and initially players were laughing until they realised how serious it was.

What has this lad got to do to get a break from some of us ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast