+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT is society as bad as the news will have us believe?

OT is society as bad as the news will have us believe?

Just watching the Beeb news at 6 and a quick overview is tax avoidance, extremists, trouble in Ukraine, politics (bollox) no money, social media abusers.

i know this stuff is going on but i am tending to find myself listening to conspiracy theories, is all this doom and gloom just to hold us in the palm of our corrupt leaders hands and have us believe that we need to do this that and the other to lead a normal life?

Came home in an ok mood but now i sit here shaking my head thinking what is the world coming to.

And to top it all, when they finish telling us that the world is going to end, they smile and say "have a great evening, lets check the weather" and then another tube appears and tells me its gonna rain, even more doom and gloom

keep it light hearted lads

thoughts

re: OT is society as bad as the news will have us believe?

p.s. even though i am listening to conspiracy theories... Klassnic, keep your Davis and Gartside thoughts to yourself

AT the world is fcked up,the human race is an evil entity.I know their is good in a lot of people I know we may be able to redeem ourselves in the distant future,but I wont hold my breath.Ive always thought to myself im living in a strange bizzar fcked up sort of reality,and at some point I look forward to saying adios amigos im off into the sweet light of eternity,and I wont ever want to come back.

Aberdeen

POST REMOVED

As the old saying goes, "If it leads it bleeds!"

Television news does not represent most people's lives, top stories are chosen for their shock value, thus encouraging the average person to tune in and boost each station's viewership, the vast majority of us are doing all right!

Tundra i'll second that!

life is great on this side of the street

No debts, no morgage, eat healthy, great social life, save and spend plenty of money.

life is great in the snow when you can afford to dress approriately, and you have a spare of snow tyres in the garage for the old Merc sitting patiantly to be driven.

not a care in the world when you walk in and the heatings blasting you and your cosy infront of the fire with a bru and a sarny.

lifes a beach when your in the premier league !

life would be so much better if BWFC was in the premier league too come on Aberdeen you must have something good going on in your life to make you happy ! if you do build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by klassnic
    Tundra i'll second that!

No debts, no morgage, eat healthy, great social life, save and spend plenty of money.

life is great in the snow when you can afford to dress approriately, and you have a spare of snow tyres in the garage for the old Merc sitting patiantly to be driven.

not a care in the world when you walk in and the heatings blasting you and your cosy infront of the fire with a bru and a sarny.

life would be so much better if BWFC was in the premier league too come on Aberdeen you must have something good going on in your life to make you happy ! if you do build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsmore
    Tundra i'll second that!

e]Yeah, with Isis in hot pursuit.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)