+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another shambles

re: Another shambles

I noticed one Steward at the front of the terracing continually asking young kids who were leaning on the advertising hoardings to get their feet behind the bottom of the hoardings. Quite what the issue was here bemuses me.

Perhaps the Steward in question was trying to act like a clown to match his bright red hair. He was quite obviously making the most of his Saturday afternoon powers.

As said before Scottish football is in a bad enough state without Stewards flexing their muscles with young children at our beloved Club.

Another case of the yellow jacket syndrome ,give some clown one and they have to follow their instructions to the letter of the law! A kneejerk reaction to a couple of idiots walking past the so called stewards last week far too easily!!

Now as a former "clown" I feel as if I have to stick up for my former colleagues, I got these same insults when I had to tell young kids to take their feet off the back of the seats even when I explained to them that the plastic seats broke easily I was still the bad 1. As has previously been said there are meant to be no transfers between any section of the ground but the reason this wasn't enforced between the east stand and the terracing is because there used to be no sit down toilet for gents and no ladies toilets but once they were built free movement of fans was meant to stop but the club not the stewards allowed this to continue co there is no egg on the faces of the stewards. Just a quick question as to the incident vs St J. as I wasn't there how were the stewards meant to tell the difference between the fans? Im assuming the fans in question either wernt wearing any colours or if they were they were blue and white?

[quote="TheOrigionalDrummerB" I feel as if I have to stick up for my former colleagues, I got these same insults when I had to tell young kids to take their feet off the back of the seats even when I explained to them that the plastic seats broke easily I was still the bad 1. As has previously been said there are meant to be no transfers between any section of the ground but the reason this wasn't enforced between the east stand and the terracing is because there used to be no sit down toilet for gents and no ladies toilets but once they were built free movement of fans was meant to stop but the club not the stewards allowed this to continue co there is no egg on the faces of the stewards. Just a quick question as to the incident vs St J. as I wasn't there how were the stewards meant to tell the difference between the fans? Im assuming the fans in question either wernt wearing any colours or if they were they were blue and white?[/quo

Can anyone be sure that the st j fans walked into terrace from there section and didn't buy a ticket for the home end to deliberately cause bother.

Got to say the reaction of the home fans didn't help the situation last week

BigIain i didnt say there was I was giving as example of when i was receiving the same insults such as "clown" and "jobsworth"

Fair play Drummer Boy.

I think the main issue running through this thread is the need for commonsense to be applied.

What I witnessed yesterday was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BigIain
    I noticed one Steward at the front of the terracing continually asking young kids who were leaning on the advertising hoardings to get their feet behind the bottom of the hoardings. Quite what the issue was here bemuses me.

Perhaps the Steward in question was trying to act like a clown to match his bright red hair. He was quite obviously making the most of his Saturday afternoon powers.

As said before Scottish football is in a bad enough state without Stewards flexing their muscles with young children at our beloved Club.
    You may be right BIGIAIN but I always thought that "he" was a "she", having seen him/her on duty at Palmerston on several occasions. Not meaning to be disrespectful or cause embarrassment to this person by the way, apologies if I have. From what little I have taken notice of this steward always seems to perform the duties without being too heavy handed. Without making too strong a case for them the stewards i

Totally agree BigIain but if the stewards are enforcing something its because the club has asked them to. I just think that the criticism and insults the stewards get are unfair (in most cases)

At the end of the day yesterday's scenes only came about because Queens made a major mistake last weekend by underestimating the Saints support and by refusing to open the terrace

There was no need to stop fans from freely walking back and forward from the Rosevale Stand & the Portland Road terracing . This has been happening for years without any problems . Fans like myself always sit there whilst the kids run back and forward to the terrace to see their friends . Yesterday they were stopped from doing so and their match day experience completely changed . We all know kids can't sit still for 10 minutes so if this new practice continues then they won't be there meaning the club loses out .
    Can understand if it's a big game and the stand is full to capacity but not yesterday when the stadium was only 20% full

Continue this practise and the only losers will be Queens

Talk about an over reaction from last weekend :/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)