+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dan the man

Dan the man

After a frustrating 75 minutes today , Dan Carmichael came on and changed the game . His superb cross saw big Holty head home the only goal of the game . A goal made in Dumfries

I'll quite happily take a 1-0 victory when not particularly playing at our best . That last minute equaliser from Raith Rovers was an added bonus

Bring on the Jambo's

re: Dan the man

Danny was a revelation and with so much more energy than Paton, who as looked off the pace in the last two weeks.

Sorry to say though we do desperately need to find a striker as cover for Gavin.

Let's hope Gav's injury isn't too bad

Have to say that the side made heavy weather of that today. For the first 20 minutes I thought it would only be a matter of time before we scored and then Gavin went off and we looked toothless, which gives credence that another striker was a necessity during the window. The second half was so frustrating. I thought we got into good positions in wide areas but the final ball into the box was shocking. I lost count on how many crosses couldn't get past the first man or were put on top of the keeper.

Then dan appears and one decent cross from him equalled a goal, so yes he definitely is the main man tonight.

Quick mention to Zander. His 3 saves in the second half gave us the points today and for that reason alone I would have given him the mom.

I thought Queens coped quite we'll against tough opposition who have caused other teams problems.

It's important that Burns and Miller get game time in for the battles ahead

Carmichael was the game changer yesterday and has played his way into next weekends starting 11 against Hearts .

Reilly has a strain & will find out tomorrow if he'll miss the Hearts game . He remains a major doubt

Dan was indeed the man.Yesterday shows exactly how much a squad game it is now.It also showed competition for places has upped the game with Zander doing as much as anyone to win the points.I thought all subs had an effect Russell is not Reilly but plays on the edge and worries defences with his burst of pace.Millar came on played lots of calm measured passes just when we needed them and Danny looked fresh and direct with a lovely cross for Holty.
    Plenty of selection questions for next Saturday's game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)