+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Changes needed?

Changes needed?

Surely we have to be a bit more positive at home? Two up front with Wes Thomas being given a chance supporting Donaldson? Anyone else got any ideas on how we stop the rot?
    Rg

re: Changes needed?

Spion we were away today , but I totally agree I defiantly do not wont to go back too McLeish land ,from now to the end of the season 2 upfront, surely attack is the best form of defence at Stans

Its also Steve Bruce land Bolt; I can recall him wasting Walter Pandiani by making him play on hos lonesome with his back to goal; I always think the striker needs a mate a everyone knows.

We definitely need a new penalty kicker; Caddis has missed two now someone else needs to take over.

However Caddis didn't get much assistance for the man in from of him (Cotterill) and the bloke on the left for Brighton had afield day. This fault was evident when Elsie was in charge and it is definitely a position we need someone better in. the good run of results tended to mask some of he very serious shortcomings in the side. So I think a change is needed there too.

I thought Cotterill was on the bench today? It was a bit hard to follow Tom Ross on the commentary, but sounded like Dyer was playing on the right in front of Caddis and Demarai was on the left and it wasn't working too well because we weren't able to control the midfield? Either way we seem to be missing Davis a great deal. Perhaps if Morrison returns soon, Spector can move into midfield with Gleeson. Not sure about 4-4-2. After all we scored three goals today and missed a penalty.

Yes reading the team list I think it was Cotterill on the bench,guess despite the recent good run to get away from the bottom three but now reality 'bites' we need to be a far better team to stay mid-table and above and to ever make the play offs improved performances would be essential.

I'm sure Rowett from reports is very much a student of the game with many ideas and team planning and formations to the fore so he'll leave no stone unturned to find an answer but I often wonder if many players are really on the same page as their Managers and I think sometimes too much planning just takes some players natural ability to do certain things a certain way completely out of the game.

Well we shall see,GR will really have to earn his corn now.KRO

I would love to see us play 2 up front too, but I'm just not sure that our midfield is good enough, or mobile enough, especially without Davis to allow us to do without the extra man. Earlier in the season when we were conceding lots of goals this was the problem. I know we let in 4 yesterday, but they were all the result of individual errors/not taking the chance to clear the ball. All totally preventable. We've been generally tight under Rowett, and this due in part to the extra man in midfield.

I did say at Stans in my post,re 4-4-2, I totally agree away from home probably 1 upfront is the way to play, but at home surely 2,

In our last 8 games we have drawn 5 and lost 3 the last time we won was January the 10th a long time ago

I thought Novak and Thomas looked sharp when they came on and both scored, these are the two I would give a go to at Stans next game

I would also get Randolph to practise saves when he is adjacent to his right hand post he has let so many squeeze in the small gap in previous games in the past and would seem to be a weakness in his game
    I also wonder why we resigned Zigic there must be a way of utilising his talents against smaller teams when the opportunities arise KRO

I too wonder why players get signed and then not used. Zigic surely offers a totally different game plan as it would appear teams have rumbled our weaknesses.
    But then two back to back wins, against useful teams, will have us believing once again. KRO

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)