+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Whenever you go to France and make for Paris

O/T Whenever you go to France and make for Paris

do you ever wish, just for once, you could visit Versailles to catch a glimpse of the new born son of Louis XXXV?

Is your holiday to Rome, Venice or Florence quite nice but...oh I don't know...it would have been so much more fulfilling if you'd been in the crowd as King Victor Emmanuel 1X paraded past with his wife and family?

How many times have you seen anyone from the Royal Households of Spain and Belgium? Or seen the daughters of the Queens of the Netherlands and the Denmark and thought, 'yes, now that's made my visit all the more satisfying and worthwhile. Loved it.'

I won't go on about Kaiser Wilhelm V11 or the Hapsburgs in Vienna. I don't want to seem disrespectful or irreverent in any way. But to you and me and millions of other taxpayers what does it matter if there are any royal figures extant in Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle or Balmoral?

The House of Windsor or SaxeCoburg Gotha to give it it's real, is an anachronism in 2015 and should have been abolished on the

re: O/T Whenever you go to France and make for Paris

[quote="Zilzal"]do you ever wish, just for once, you could visit Versailles to catch a glimpse of the new born son of Louis XXXV?

Is your holiday to Rome, Venice or Florence quite nice but...oh I don't know...it would have been so much more fulfilling if you'd been in the crowd as King Victor Emmanuel 1X paraded past with his wife and family?

How many times have you seen anyone from the Royal Households of Spain and Belgium? Or seen the daughters of the Queens of the Netherlands and the Denmark and thought, 'yes, now that's made my visit all the more satisfying and worthwhile. Loved it.'

I won't go on about Kaiser Wilhelm V11 or the Hapsburgs in Vienna. I don't want to seem disrespectful or irreverent in any way. But to you and me and millions of other taxpayers what does it matter if there are any royal figures extant in Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle or Balmoral?

The House of Windsor or SaxeCoburg Gotha to give it it's real, is an anachronism i

Take to the streets S8 and I'll be right there with you.

We can take it in turns being Danton and Robespierre. But if you want to be Saint Juste or Marat, I'm fine with that.

I'd be surprised if IBS wasn't a bit of a painter on the side. If he is, he can be Davide by all means.

Been a lot of George's hasn't there Zil?

Most Lefties think George the third is a motorcycle