+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets get back to basics.

Lets get back to basics.

Cannot comment on Saturday's derby but watched in horror when I sat in Aberdeen and seen the score coming in

But a FACT is in the last 2 games we have been beaten by the TWO WORST clubs in Scotland and have never scored a goal.

Why is this, what is happened?

1. Last Wednesday I actually thought we played well but could not get the goal but I did think if we kept it "as-is" the goal surely would have came along, could not agree with the Managers substitutions.

2. Thought he would have started on Saturday with the same XI that started against East Stirling so surprised when young Smith started in place of Murray, not having a go at young Smith but he is not ready for this league yet, he still requires to build up strength as he is easily pushed off the ball and Buchan who does have strength seems to have be in the mood when he wants to play, the annoying thing is Buchan is a decent striker when he wants to be.

3. As has been previously mentioned the Managers signings in January

re: Lets get back to basics.

Whatever goes on behind the scenes this week its imperative that by Saturday all elements of the club, board, management, players and supporters are all pulling together to get a much needed win. If we can somehow get wins against Clyde and Rovers then we will be right back in the title race. The players set themselves a very high standard in the first half of the season and showed how good they can be. For whatever reason the 3rd quarter has been catastrophic but we are still handily placed and if the early season form can be reproduced we can still do this. What happened in the last few weeks is gone and needs left behind. The next 2 months are really all that matters from now.
    C'MON LICHTIES

Agree with both postings,and for what it is worth,I would go with the following team on Saturday;

McCallum

Little
    Nichol
    McBride/Gordon
    Johnston

Whateley
    Hunter
    Carreiro

Linn
    McManus
    Murray

Instructions to Johnston or McBride to overlap on the left as far as possible and Carreiro to play through the middle feeding balls to the forwards.
    On the bench to vary our play,Grant, Stewart and Gordon,if there are complaints from Falkirk about not fielding their players,tough,we will just have to soldier on without them.After all we were top of the league without them albeit we had Aldin from Hamilton.

If not windy and the ball can be played on the ground, I like the idea of Whatley and Johnstone as the fullbacks to build up the play and create a threat down the wings in support. Little and Nicol in the middle

I'd have McBride in midfield left, with Stewart and Hunter, leaving Carreiro as impact sub... and forwards as you suggest.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)