+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done

Well done

The Saints and all the best for the rest of the season..

Thought we were a bit unlucky in the first half ,maybe a penalty for us and we missed a few good chances .. The second half we were schite..

Hope you can climb up the table again and we can perhaps avoid relegation ..

re: Well done

Thanks. Wanyama coming on for the 2nd half made a huge difference. We were playing some scintillating football towards the end of the game and with better finishing might have got a couple more. Poor Shackell had a nightmare game.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hope you stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    Poor Shackell had a nightmare game.

He wasn't at his best but he didn't have a nightmare.

I thought that the best outfield player for Southampton was Davis.

Super Kelv - man of the match. Who saw that coming

Great performance from Kelv today, and no doubt that he saved us from a potential disaster. Long deserves credit to, thought he put in a real shift.

Pelle. Sadly another poor performance. Massively lacking in confidence and ability, in equal measures at present.

Vic coming on second half killed their attacking threat and as oh well has said, some of the football was pure quality.

Burnley are from the worst team we've seen at SMS this season and I really hope they can stay up. Their football deserves that.

Other than Pelle's performance, the only other disappointment in an otherwise excellent afternoon was seeing so many empty seats. Obviously not one for the cherry pickers, but thankfully the JCL STH's made the effort

Pleased with the result, doesn't sound too good about Fraser though

I asked my missus what the score would be before the game (bear in mind she knows **** all about football) she said 2-0. I then asked her who would score, she replied "erm, number 7"
    Perhaps she knows more than she lets on

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    The Saints and all the best for the rest of the season..

Thought we were a bit unlucky in the first half ,maybe a penalty for us and we missed a few good chances .. The second half we were schite..

Hope you can climb up the table again and we can perhaps avoid relegation ..
    Thanks Alf. I am very pleased with 3 points today. I couldn't make the game and gave up my season ticket for the afternoon. Following the match on Sky sounds like you should have had a penalty in the first half. I was always a bit worried about this match and would not have been surprised if Burnley had got a result. All the best for the rest of the season - I hope you stay up.

Thanks, and don't disagree either. First half could have been much more than one goal as both teams went close and Kelvin made a few great saves. I feared the worst for the Penalty claim so will be interested to see that on MOTD. Couldn't work out the Frasier injury at first I thought he had been kicked then I thought it was a shoulder or arm. Hope it's not long term. Good changes at half time and a second goal seemed to knock the wind out of Burnley sails. All in all a good days work and we seemed more like our old selves the longer the game went on. Pleased with 3 points from a decent Burnley team, I hope they stay up. By the way, good chorus of Happy Birthday.

Not much to be added than already said although once again the back 4 were solid as.

Bit of an old fart but got Joffy Jnr watching the way all 4 work together off the ball,one going forward,one covering etc etc,sad to say but seeing them work together as they do is something very special.

A good day.

Very solid, especially in the second half. From Kelvin's excellent performance, through the entire back four and on to Wanyama and Schneiderlin providing cover in midfield - thought we looked increasingly comfortable as the game went on.

Playing both Mane & Long is clearly the way to go - I think we look much more dangerous up front with the pace and movement both can offer.

Poor old Pelle, though - his confidence looks shot to pieces. Bloke can't buy a goal at the moment. He just needs to stick at it and have faith that it'll come at some point.

Enjoyed a couple of pre & post match quiet ones, as well - good to see Kernow and team Joffy in attendance and making for a decent turnout for the Usuals..

Very magnanimous of you Clarets.

Mrs Pents dad was sat next to Koeman's wife in corporate and reckons she's as mad as a box of frogs and went mental when we scored. Koeman really rates Pelle and says he'll stick with him, they reckon he's developed a bad habit of playing with his back to goal which they are desperately trying to drum out of him.

There were also murmurs of a big signing in the summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast