+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Sako - Forestieri Watford Match Incident

The Sako - Forestieri Watford Match Incident

Following the diabolical decision by the referee, Brendan Malone, I said I would write to FA to see if they would retrospectively charge Forestieri with unsporting behaviour and impose a ban for feigning an injury.
    I have had a reply and the reply surprised me, para 3 read
    FIFA guidelines aimed at avoiding the "re-refereeing" of matches generally, prevent The FA from taking disciplinary action on incidents which are seen and dealt with at the time by the match officials (this includes taking no action). As a general rule, if the match officials see an incident and have jurisdiction to take action, The FA cannot act retrospectively.
    My comment, sounds like a typical FIFA inane rule, however in para 4 The FA say:-
    We are working hard to combat the problem of simulation at the highest level of the game and WE are talking to FIFA about changing the laws on retrospective disciplinary action to make punishment for diving easier.
    So there you are lads now we know, looks like old Seth Blatter

re: The Sako - Forestieri Watford Match Incident

Thanks for the feedback, Greystone. I despair over the lack of leadership shown by the football authorities. Removing Blatter would be a huge step forward IMHO.

Looks like you got an honest answer and more than I would have expected.

If the FA are waiting for FIFA permission to deal with this problem nothing will ever change. They need to sprout a pair. They should say, we don't care what's considered fair play in Italy or Brazil. This is English football and we don't accept this kind of thing here.

Sincere thanks to Greystone for his letter to the F.A. and for advising us of their response.

Does the reply from the F.A offer any hope of a solution to the problem ? Although one would like to think otherwise, I can't see any meaningful change occurring any time soon. As far as world sports administrative bodies are concerned, F.I.F.A. must rank amongst the least effective of all-time. The way in which they have 'dragged their heels' on the question of simulation borders on criminal neglect. If it was simply a case for the 'too-hard basket' one might understand (albeit contemptuously) however F.I.F.A's blinkered obstinacy suggests it is something far more sinister. Fanciful though it may seem, were there any justice at all F.I.F.A. would recognise the blatant hypocrisy of their own disgraceful stewardship and declare themselves guilty of having brought the game into disrepute.

When Sepp 'Blighter' relinquishes control some believe that things will change, perhaps so, but even t

I'm glad you got a reply regarding the Sako/Forestieri incident greystone, but to me it's probably exactly the same reply they send out to people that contact the fa week in week out. Until retrospective action is brought in and the likes of Forestieri are made an example of then nothing will chance. The FA are quick to point to FIFA's rules and regulations but they need to show some backbone and take the lead in situations like this.

I think you are probably right but if no one comments they think everything is rosy and can't imagine any backlash. Any business that keeps getting loads of complaints eventually sees the light...alright maybe not Mr.S.Blatter or the FA who have to bend to FIFA's every whim.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)