+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too little, too late

Too little, too late

Our recent form has been as superb as it's been unexpected and it's given us a real shot in the arm in this relegation tussle. However sadly it also coincides with our nearest rivals Ross County being on an even better run of form and with them having St.Mirren next as their final match before the split then that's another three points in the bag for them, whilst all the pressure is on us to beat a Thistle side on Saturday who themselves are in decent form. After which we are really going to have to win every single remaining match including beating Ross County by a considerable margin in order to swing the goal difference in our favour. Sadly, I believe that this is too tall an ask for us as the pressure is going to be enourmous in every single game and ultimately we are going to fall short and end up in the playoffs where we will inevitably face 'Rangers' and lose to them. :/

re: Too little, too late

Superb wind up!

like a dug wae a burst ball

Quote Originally Posted by dosser1
    like a dug wae a burst ball
    "Like a tramp eating a pudden supper"

Thistle have just had Craigan sent off against Celtic so he will miss game against us

Lets be positive here and look at the other side. Partick are losing to celtic at the moment and are down to ten. If we get a result on Saturday, I know it's a big if, then they are only a point above us, then it's all to play for. Will RC win all they're remaining games this season? I don't think so, I also don't think we will, but we've gave ourselves a hell of a chance of getting out of this play off place because we are playing some decent football and winning games. Christ, it wasn't that long ago we were sitting bottom, a couple of points behind St Mirren, now we sit 10 points in front of them and we can now look up the way rather than down. If we keep playing the way we are I think we have a helluva chance of getting out of this. Have to point out, RC are only 2 goals better off than us so the winning margin won't have to be that considerable.

Dundee are pumping their neighbours, smart money would be on them piping Accies to 6th. I'd have a guess at pre split fixtures County (h) Accies (a) Killie (h) St Mirren (a) thistle (h). All winnable.
    If we get the play off why the wet knickers about playing Rangers. Big Lee, Law, Boyd, Sheilds, Black and that Moshni...really lads, you afraid of those players? The same punters that slated McCall now fear his managerial skills, bit daft that boys. We would beat them home and away. Not afraid of they fkrs, or that smelly Edinburgh mob either.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwin
    Superb wind up!
    I actually think he's right. It's what makes playing catch-up so hard and why I never understood the pant-wetting by some in recent seasons when we were defending six/seven point leads in the European race.

We've won the last three 'must win' games, for what? Another must win on Saturday - lose, County win and we're ******ed, a lot of our recent good work is effectively undone. But say we do win - we're still in a situation where out of our five remaining games we'll be needing eight points and that's assuming Killie or Thistle collapse completely. We'll probably need more.

Essentially if you've got yourself into the situation where the vast majority of your last nine games are must win, it's already too late. You won't win them all - and that's not down to bottling it, it's one bad decision, one slip, one bad day.

The crucial thing about our form is the lift it gives us going into the play-off. I still don't see

Manky mob beat Jags tonight - we'll beat them on Saturday too. That pulls them into the mire alongside us and County. Don't go along with the glass half-full stories we're reading from certain quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    Manky mob beat Jags tonight - we'll beat them on Saturday too. That pulls them into the mire alongside us and County. Don't go along with the glass half-full stories we're reading from certain quarters.
    HD analysis isnt a glass half empty story , its reality. Even if we beat Thistle we have will still only have put ourself one refereeing decision away from be right in the grubber again. I think we need We need to probably win 4 out our last 6 games and thats a tall order and even then we need to hope the rest go into a slump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)