+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ITS IMPORTANT TO VOTE

re: ITS IMPORTANT TO VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    I love my cycling during the summer months ,but do try to keep away from the main roads ,but every now and then when it's unavoidable I have to go on them for a short spell and I hate it, the amount of numptys that are driving nowadays is unbelievable .. So inconsiderate to the cyclists.. Maybe Tricky and Moorlad fall into this catagory.

As for a Tractor drivers I would line them up and shoot them with a firing squad..
    When I am close to them, all cyclists should get off the road. They pay no road tax, and I do, therefore they have no right to make me drive at 4 miles per hour while they ride 4 abreast on tight and winding lake district roads.

Quote Originally Posted by donnytyke
    I would make cyclists have insurance to cycle on the roads. And pay road tax. And be fined for not stopping at red lights. Freeloaders !
    you would be surprised how many cyclist actually do have insurance tricky. As for tax I pay tax on my van and two cars if I include me paying my daughters ta and insurance for her, as do a lot of cyclists and while we are on our bikes we are not adding to car numbers causing traffic jams or causing pollution .[/quote]

Not causing traffic jams? Behave. I imaging that during the next 4 months around 99.99999% of all traffic problems in the lake district will be caused by inconsiderate, selfish cyclists.

Quote Originally Posted by moorlad
    I love my cycling during the summer months ,but do try to keep away from the main roads ,but every now and then when it's unavoidable I have to go on them for a short spell and I hate it, the amount of numptys that are driving nowadays is unbelievable .. So inconsiderate to the cyclists.. Maybe Tricky and Moorlad fall into this catagory.

As for a Tractor drivers I would line them up and shoot them with a firing squad..
    When I am close to them, all cyclists should get off the road. They pay no road tax, and I do, therefore they have no right to make me drive at 4 miles per hour while they ride 4 abreast on tight and winding lake district roads.[/quote]

"I pay road tax "No you Don't, a popular misguided conception by most drivers who think they own the road .. - view external link

That's just a piss take so that successive governments haven't had to properly maintain the roads. It is a tax on driving and using the roads, as is the extra duty on petrol, so in fairness motorists pay an exorbitant extra amount of tax just to drive. To drive you have to go on roads, motorists have to pay to do that, cyclists do not.

Cyclists - whatever you may say, and of course I'm generalising - think they can do whatever they like, wrong way down one way streets, jump red lights, ignore crossings, overtake on the inside, ride 4 or 5 abreast and block whole carriageways and all sorts of other things. Motorists doing the same would be fined and receive points on their driving licence.

Technically what I said previously may have been wrong, but the reality is a car driver is paying for the privilege of using the roads, a cyclist is not. Plus cyclists go far too slowly, hold traffic up, cause accidents and generally ruin people's lives.

****s.

[quote="moorlad"]That's just a piss take so that successive governments haven't had to properly maintain the roads. It is a tax on driving and using the roads, as is the extra duty on petrol, so in fairness motorists pay an exorbitant extra amount of tax just to drive. To drive you have to go on roads, motorists have to pay to do that, cyclists do not.

Cyclists - whatever you may say, and of course I'm generalising - think they can do whatever they like, wrong way down one way streets, jump red lights, ignore crossings, overtake on the inside, ride 4 or 5 abreast and block whole carriageways and all sorts of other things. Motorists doing the same would be fined and receive points on their driving licence.

Technically what I said previously may have been wrong, but the reality is a car driver is paying for the privilege of using the roads, a cyclist is not. Plus cyclists go far too slowly, hold traffic up, cause accidents and generally r

The road tax opinion is irrelevant like the national insurance contribution opinion is.

The money all ends up in the same pot.

It's called tax simple as.

Cyclists should be registered to use the public highways like any other transit vehicle and be fined for abuse of the highway code like everyone else.
    And they should be insured to use the roads.

Why should i have to claim off my insurance or pay out of my own pocket if a cyclist causes my vehicle damage .

[quote="moorlad"]That's just a piss take so that successive governments haven't had to properly maintain the roads. It is a tax on driving and using the roads, as is the extra duty on petrol, so in fairness motorists pay an exorbitant extra amount of tax just to drive. To drive you have to go on roads, motorists have to pay to do that, cyclists do not.

Technically what I said previously may have been wrong, but the reality is a car driver is paying for the privilege of using the roads, a cyclist is not. Plus cyclists go far too slowly, hold traffic up, cause accidents and generally r

To be fair Alf a lot of cyclists are riding 25-30 mph so not really holding a driver up especially around country lanes.
    I'm not a cyclist, but I don't really blame them for riding two or three abreast, safety in numbers from their point of view.

I don't really get cycling, the enthusiasts don't really seem to be enjoying the scenery anyway, their heads are always down peddling as fast as they can.
    They may as well get a cycling machine and keep everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick
    The road tax opinion is irrelevant like the national insurance contribution opinion is.

The money all ends up in the same pot.

It's called tax simple as.

Cyclists should be registered to use the public highways like any other transit vehicle and be fined for abuse of the highway code like everyone else.
    And they should be insured to use the roads.

Why should i have to claim off my insurance or pay out of my own pocket if a cyclist causes my vehicle damage .
    Have a read of this Tricky. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by lescand
    To be fair Alf a lot of cyclists are riding 25-30 mph so not really holding a driver up especially around country lanes.
    I'm not a cyclist, but I don't really blame them for riding two or three abreast, safety in numbers from their point of view.

I don't really get cycling, the enthusiasts don't really seem to be enjoying the scenery anyway, their heads are always down peddling as fast as they can.
    They may as well get a cycling machine and keep everyone happy.
    That's why they do it Les ,safety in numbers as far as they are concerned .. Personally I just cycle for pleasure on the canal bank etc only going on to the roads when there is no other option.

Cycling on the canal. Thats another debate waiting to happen ,bloody folks walking on the tow path won't get out of the way .. Inconsiderate BAstids

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast