+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ITS IMPORTANT TO VOTE

re: ITS IMPORTANT TO VOTE

I don't find it's people walking causing the issue on canal footpaths, but fishermen with them pole things blocking the way.
    I really do not get the attraction of fishing at all (unlike you, you troll! )

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    The road tax opinion is irrelevant like the national insurance contribution opinion is.

The money all ends up in the same pot.

It's called tax simple as.

Cyclists should be registered to use the public highways like any other transit vehicle and be fined for abuse of the highway code like everyone else.
    And they should be insured to use the roads.

Why should i have to claim off my insurance or pay out of my own pocket if a cyclist causes my vehicle damage .
    Have a read of this Tricky.[/quote] Yes i understand that Alf about the 3rd party insurance but unlike a vehicle who has a registration number if a cyclist scrapes our car and cycles off i do not have any recourse to the law as they are long gone. They need to be registered

[quote="donnytyke"]That's just a piss take so that successive governments haven't had to properly maintain the roads. It is a tax on driving and using the roads, as is the extra duty on petrol, so in fairness motorists pay an exorbitant extra amount of tax just to drive. To drive you have to go on roads, motorists have to pay to do that, cyclists do not.

Cyclists - whatever you may say, and of course I'm generalising - think they can do whatever they like, wrong way down one way streets, jump red lights, ignore crossings, overtake on the inside, ride 4 or 5 abreast and block whole carriageways and all sorts of other things. Motorists doing the same would be fined and receive points on their driving licence.

Technically what I said previously may have been wrong, but the reality is a car driver is paying for the privilege of using the roads, a cyclist is not. Plus cyclists go far too slowly, h

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    I love my cycling during the summer months ,but do try to keep away from the main roads ,but every now and then when it's unavoidable I have to go on them for a short spell and I hate it, the amount of numptys that are driving nowadays is unbelievable .. So inconsiderate to the cyclists.. Maybe Tricky and Moorlad fall into this catagory.

As for a Tractor drivers I would line them up and shoot them with a firing squad..
    When I am close to them, all cyclists should get off the road. They pay no road tax, and I do, therefore they have no right to make me drive at 4 miles per hour while they ride 4 abreast on tight and winding lake district roads.[/quote]

"I pay road tax "No you Don't, a popular misguided conception by most drivers who think they own the road ..[/quote]

So in that case I pay tax I cant moan about benefit che

We need to get the country back on its feet... we all agree on that one... so Im all for some form of austerity

But why the foook has only the poorer people gotta pay for it...they tell us we all need to tighten our belts then award themselves an 11% pay rise

They start a bedroom tax but say a Mansion tax isnt fair

They decrease the level of tax for highest earners but punish people with nothing more an more

Get the numptys out I say the sooner the better

As iv said to other subjects on race gender etc... Equality is for all not just those it suits

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

"'twas ever thus".

Check out the sovereign grant. Take a look at what the yearly increase has been, then do a comparison with the increases to public sector workers over the same period.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234