+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The fat lady has sung

The fat lady has sung

Well that's just about it chaps, League 1 here we come.

Who do you blame? Martinez, Coyle, Rosler, Mackay, Whelan, the pitch, Maggie Thatcher, the Government, uncle Tom Cobbley...

For me, Rosler spending what was left of our family silver on rank mediocrity was the beginning of the end for us.

As you know I don't entirely blame Mackay, tho' he did contribute to our predicament. His remit was to slash the wage bill, get rid of the prima donnas and big earners and, as we all know, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and that's exactly what we got.

Perhaps we would have been better persevering with Riera and Delort, I don't know. We all said we couldn't score goals, no strikers, blah, blah, blah but for the first 2/3rds of the season we couldn't defend for toffee.

I don't know where we'll go from here but what I would say is this, I'll be there Saturday, the Saturday after and next season because I need WAFC as much as it needs me and I hope those who can afford to feel and do the sa

re: The fat lady has sung

the chairman as in DW has to take the blame for the appointment of MM and then leaving it so long before a change was made... too late for this season but will see what comes for next year. we are out of it now unless Rotherham get smashed over the illegal player

The fat lady has neither sung nor is singing, but she is giving her throat a blooming good clear out.

There are still many twists and turns to come, it is not over until it's over.

Perhaps we would have been better persevering with Riera and Delort, I don't know.

There's a common denominator at this club.
    Signing strikers, all prolific goalscorers abit from lower league clubs, foreign league clubs till they arrive here.
    For me the blame lies with the COACHING staff and the last 4 managers for their persistence in playing a lone striker upfront on his own.
    After all we got promoted to the Premiership playing 2 up top Roberts and Ellington together.
    So lets be having 2 strikers on Gary try it,will ya.

when you think back to that team with JR and the Duke... nearly 60 goals between them the season we went up... what a side that was...

Quote Originally Posted by bostonblue68
    The fat lady has neither sung nor is singing, but she is giving her throat a blooming good clear out.

By gum that's optimism for you...or is it a bit of delusion?

Quote Originally Posted by SwinleyLatic

By gum that's optimism for you...or is it a bit of delusion?[/quote]

Preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.
    Only time will tell which way it will go.

Well that's it, she's sung the final verse and it's now all over. League 1 here we come.
    Looking at the positives, we've no debt, money in the bank and the basis of a good squad if you include the youth teamers.
    We'll be back.
    Looking forward to the new season already.

Depends on whether Rotherham fielded any ineligible players again.

I can see you lot dropping again next season

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)