+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q. Why does Louis Van Gaal always look like

Q. Why does Louis Van Gaal always look like

an angry, embittered, soon-to-be-pensioned off Austrian police camp guard who is on the point of striking an innocent passer-by?

A. Because he inwardly obsesses about Southampton and knows that compatriot Ronald Koeman was a much better footballer than him and has become an infinitely superior football manager.

In the summer, Southampton lost to the circling buzzards, current internationals Lallana, Shaw and Lambert. He also lost to injury Jay Rodriguez for the whole season.

Adding to Ronald's woes was the fact that Schneiderlin and Clyne were agitating all season for a transfer and to cap it all Ronald recently lost his quality goalkeeper for the rest of the season.

How on earth has Koeman not only avoided a relegation battle but has kept his team in the top six all season (often fourth), thinks Van Gaal. I couldn't have done it. I need an open chequebook to spend multimillions on any player I fancy, knowing I had a strong base of De Gea, Rooney, Mata etc etc to begin with.

Koema

re: Q. Why does Louis Van Gaal always look like

Van Gaal is also a big BBC4 fan, maybe that explains it.

Come on, Jolly. You of all people can do much better than that.

Not really, I agree with what you say about LVG.

Koeman does look like a good manager to me, but he has spent about 60 million on permanent transfers. He has also brought in around half a dozen long term loans. What does that get him? probably 7th in the Premier league at the end of the season. Wouldnt say Van Gaals anything to worry about for now.

Name the players Koeman has spent £60m on and give me their price tags.

Also give me the time limit he had.

Van Gaal spent £60m on one player and he had done **** all for them. He is like Sven, he is a lucky manager rather than a good one. The turnaround in form came about when players like Van Persie got injured and he had to rely on Mata and Fellaini. Who signed those two I wonder??

I will do a google search later, but what I am basing my figures on is an article I read stating that of the 95 million Southhampton made in transfers in the summer, 65 million was re invested in transfers by Koeman.

Tony I agree that the Di Maria transfer looked a waste to me.

Tadic 10.9 Pelle 8.2 Foster 10 Long 12 Auderwireld 6 Mane 4.5 Gardos 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast