+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fitness- The Stats don't lie

Fitness- The Stats don't lie

Blatantly obvious from the 'League Tables'created on the Website below that we fade out badly after half time. Do we take the nice'little triangles' of touch Football to far at Training and not do any fitness work. Obviously my user means that I am not able to attend games or Training from Downunder...any opinions/observations on our physical presence in games.

http://footballclubforums.com/leagueone/

re: Fitness- The Stats don't lie

Welcome AR. Hope everything is fine down there in one of our furthest away outposts. Have to say a bit of a limp excuse for not attending our home games. You really have to make more of an effort.

Thanks for providing these facts. Most interesting. You should fax a copy to our management.

Keep posting. Take care and good luck.

Well if I can make it to the game from 15 mins down the road why can't you! ;-D ;-D

FitNess may be a factor but I also think teams adapt following HT talk to exploit our play.

My sojourn down under started in 1990, coinciding with 'the glory years'. Perhaps I should stay away. I see that SD is questioning their fitness this morning, if he doesn't know then probably there lies the problem. Everyone seems to bemoan our defensive frailties but to be honest apart from obvious exceptions if we had scored two in a lot of games we would have been safe now. Two at Coventry and two at home to Bradford at least would give us a fighting chance. Tonights games pending of course.

In the first half of games we have conceded 25, second half 48.

What bothers me is the fact that we have scored first in 25 of our 45 games yet we have only won 11 of those games.

Do we take the nice'little triangles' of touch

In response to this question. I have not seen much evidence of this of lately. We seem to be exhausted by half time due to the extra running required to chase aimless balls all over the pitch.

My two relatives who attended the last game commented on how poorly we were playing football compared to this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulNevitt1981
    Do we take the nice'little triangles' of touch

In response to this question. I have not seen much evidence of this of lately. We seem to be exhausted by half time due to the extra running required to chase aimless balls all over the pitch.

My two relatives who attended the last game commented on how poorly we were playing football compared to this time last year.
    Noticed that myself, our ball retention is shocking and like you say needless balls to chase does tire players out.

The question I'd be asking SD is what is the general training sessions? Do we do ball retention in training and also how many days a week do we actually train?