+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fitness Coach?

re: New Fitness Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson
    New fitness coach is Steve Davis.

Hardly a ringing endorsement from the boss to Andy Franks.
    I think that may be a little bit harsh. SD's admitting that he lost focus in a key area; he's already said that Andy Franks is the only fitness coach with the science to back him up.

I think this is just one area where the club needs to refocus and get more energised. SD wants to take fitness to a wholeistic level where it also includes mental attitudes, what they eat and drink, and commitment to the club 24/7. Having seen the inconsistency and mistakes in off-the-pitch lives, I'd support him.

Andy Franks clearly works hard, but has he been left to just get on with it, with guidance and input from SD?

I find it a bit strange as well...there does appear to be some conflict of actions..when SD says he is going to take responsibility for fitness, but in the next breath indicates its no reflection on Andy Franks !

I find it hard that the club now says they need to watch what they eating etc - other clubs have been doing this for years why are we so behind the times?

If SD is now overseeing Fitness what are we employing AF for ? Hasn't he been reporting into the manager on his fitness regime all season ? Why haven't questions been asked before ? Surely SD has enough to concentrate on without this as well.

As professional footballers are they not ashamed of their fitness levels to do something about it themselves ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12