+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: oooooo Nikola Zigic

oooooo Nikola Zigic

Thanks for the memories Big Man , it wasn't your fault you were here during the clubs financial disaster , you were the man for the big game and proved you were worth every penny in the carling cup final win over Arsenal and the draw against Bolton in the last game of last season , scoring invaluable goals and making the winner and goal that kept us up , needed a last look around with his kids after the game , legend

re: oooooo Nikola Zigic

Wholeheartedly agree Bassy. A wonderful picture too (I'll save that).

Seems to be very happy where he lives so may still be around Brum for a while? Good luck to Ziggy and his family in the future.

I'll have to watch the Carling Cup highlights now.

The header that brought it back to 2-1 replays constantly in my head (why didn't it happen more often?) Don't think I've seen a better headed goal. He just made it seem so easy.

Pity he was unable to grace the scoresheet on his brief return, and hope he sticks around

Thanks Big Man

KRO

Nikola Zigic he scored a goal that eliminated the vile on our way to Wembley; scored one and created the other in the final, scored a hat trick at Elland Road and an amazing chip on the run at Barnsley; and scored one and created the second goal at Bolton last year that kept us up (if you ask me he scored them both, the second one was over the line before it was cleared) and there will still be people who say he was a hopeless waste of money. But the big guy made things happen. Farewell Big Zig; never to be forgotten

I'm with you on this. I too felt he should have had the credit for THE equaliser - and I will forget the penalty miss that curtailed our run in Europe.
    Just frustrated that he didn't score 10+ goals every season when he clearly had the ability to, as 4 against Leeds proved, although not as frustrated by the fact that the 38 points we amassed in 2010/11 would have been ample to have kept our top flight status in subsequent years. KRO

What a photo that is. Man is a Blues legend, despite what the haters say. I can almost hear him singing the 'Ohhh Nikola Zigic' song to himself.

Good luck, big un.

KRO

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)