+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 pound 17 pence per game

17 pound 17 pence per game

That is the price you pay for Championship football If you've got an earlybird season ticket on the kop at Hillsbourough.
    If you purchase the phase two season ticket it will cost 21 pounds 70 pence a game.

The facts have clearly not got in the way of a good story in the link below.
    You can always tell the quality of a forum by the content. - view external link

re: 17 pound 17 pence per game

Quote Originally Posted by hoothoot
    That is the price you pay for Championship football If you've got an earlybird season ticket on the kop at Hillsbourough.
    If you purchase the phase two season ticket it will cost 21 pounds 70 pence a game.

You can always tell the quality of a forum by the content.
    Dress it up how you like the Prices in that 2nd phase are scandalous
    9% to 12% rise on the the early Bird prices of last season on top of roughly 10% last season means we are being treated like cash cows .
    Also the fact that there is a deadline on the 2nd phase suggests that there will be Phase 3 and even more scandalous prices.
    Matchday next season to give south standers a discount ( £29.1 per game ) will probably have to top £35 ...you know like the prices we were all up in arms about at Leeds and Ipswich this season

I renewed as soon as the early bird prices came out but that doesn't mean

More like 15/20000 empty seats.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbrewer
    9% to 12% rise on the the early Bird prices of last season on top of roughly 10% last season means we are being treated like cash cows .
    Also the fact that there is a deadline on the 2nd phase suggests that there will be Phase 3 and even more scandalous prices.
    Matchday next season to give south standers a discount ( £29.1 per game ) will probably have to top £35 ...you know like the prices we were all up in arms about at Leeds and Ipswich this season

I renewed as soon as the early bird prices came out but that doesn't mean i'm happy about the price
    We have between 10k and 15k empty seats at each and every home game £35 plus doesn't seem too bright a strategy to remedy that situation
    Well it's all about choices isn't it mate, the choice to buy early and pay 17 quid (kop) or 24 quid (south).

The £35 offered for the away games was flat line, you don't have any

You can always tell the quality of a forum by the content.

I renewed as soon as the ear

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot
    More like 15/20000 empty seats.
    Look **** lie about the attendances at the Sty as much as you want as we know how obsessed you lot are, but the capacity at Hillsborough is around 36 to 37 k in reality at the moment, so that equates to the figures i gave on our average.
    Unlike you and your childish oppos i couldn't give a flying *** how many each club get through the doors

I thought honesty was a big thing on PigMad

Quote Originally Posted by hoothoot

I renewed as soon as the early bird prices came out but that doesn't mean i'm happy about the price
    We have between 10k and 15k empty seats at each and every home game £35 plus doesn't seem too bright a strategy to remedy that situation
    Well it's all about choices isn't it mate, the choice to buy early and pay 17 quid (kop) or 24 quid (south).

The £35 offered for th

West Ham have started nothing they need to get an extra 25k fans through the doors thats the reason they are offering lower prices when they go to the Olympic Stadium if it was for the fans benefit then why aren't they doing it next season ?
    What are you talking about with the £35 ticket ?

My objection is that to make it worthwhile a South Stander getting an ST then the "on the day price" will have to be at a minimum of £35 and quite possibly much more when the 3rd phase prices are announced.
    Its a joke when Ipswich are charging £38 and Leeds £36 this season something that the majority of Wednesday fans complained about yet our club is set to join this band of greed obsessed clubs

How do you suggest we encourage new STs ?
    If the strategy is Buy your new ST early cos we are going to hammer with the prices later then i for one find that shoddy
    Whatever West Hams reasons are it could prove to be a good example of what can happen if the prices are lowere

If you want to support your team you would do anything to be there.
    Collect pop bottles...do a paper round...wait on... Dig Ditches...be a rent Boy...anything..even No Smoking...No Beering...no Whoreing...

You pay your money...& you take your Choice...

Supporting The Wednesday comes first...NO EXUSES.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_Potts

You pay your money...& you take your Choice...

Supporting The Wednesday comes first...NO EXUSES.

Mate I can only assume you're either on the wind up/having a laugh, have no responsibilities or are about 12 years old.

There are many 'excuses', reasons, why The Wednesday wouldn't come first, money, as is being discussed in this thread, is right up there with the main ones...I guess if football is one thing you'd rather not give up then there are as you say things you can do to scrimp & save...there does come a cut off point though at some stage & many people these days just can't afford to go.

These latest price rises are going to be felt by lots of fans BUT & it's a big but, the club, as with most clubs, won't care too much, they don't look at individuals, they look at trends & the trend at the moment is that no matter how high ticket prices seem to go attendances are going up, partly governed by the quality on the pitch o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)