+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gresty Road End?

Gresty Road End?

Not sure what happened with the title and so will try again.

OK some argue reasonably that reducing prices in the GRE was not a great idea as it tends to reduce the overall revenue but after yesterday can that fall on deaf eyes and ears as how effective that was reducing the price while not affecting the numbers in the main stand although we have to accept it was a crunch final match and so we cannot expect quite the same response week in and week out but as I said. The view is appalling and shouldn't be the same price anyway.

So do you think the club will address this next season? I felt in there I was in some sort of remote bubble and isolated from the game going on the pitch. Its that normal or was I suffering from overpayment itis. I have to say the fans in there were so vocal and brilliant even with the dire performance and result. I though we had scored 5 mins from the end but it was someone with a radio announcing the late goals from elsewhere...It was really good really in t

re: Gresty Road End?

That was the main positive from the day for me - the fans responded to the offer and filled both the GRE and the Railway End without compromising the main stand attendance. And not only would the club have benefitted from increased ticket sales and noticed the improved vocal but presumably bar, food, programme and shop sales would all have been given a boost.

It was so much harder to get served in the suite, and the queue for food at half time went all the way back to the turnstiles.

re: Gresty Road End?

All good in the GRE. Made no difference to me and my two relatives except for having more money to buy beer, hot dogs, Programmes and other memorabilia.

As for the possibility of reducing prices it is quite complicated. That's because members already get a reduction in match day tickets and season ticket holders in the end also get a good deal.

Unless you lower the cost of those above in the GRE first, there is no way you can justify changing the admission fee in just that one end. The family end effectively lets an adult and child go for the same price already. I don't see much of an increase there in attendance.

Then there is the issue of how much less do you charge and whether you believe that the view from that end is any less superior than any where else in the ground.