+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the Play Off Finals

the Play Off Finals

Here are this seasons main play off finals and in brackets, is where each team finished in the league.

Conference: BRISTOL ROVERS (2) v GRIMSBY (3)

Lg Two: WYCOMBE (4) v SOUTHEND (5)

Lg One: PRESTON (3) v SWINDON (4)

Champship: NORWICH (3) v MIDDLESBROUGH (4)

Most fans love the play offs but there are some who still dont think they are fair!!
    Well surely all the purists will say its fair that each final includes the two teams who finished immediately behind the promoted teams.

re: the Play Off Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Acido
    Here are this seasons main play off finals and in brackets, is where each team finished in the league.

Conference: BRISTOL ROVERS (2) v GRIMSBY (3)

Lg Two: WYCOMBE (4) v SOUTHEND (5)

Lg One: PRESTON (3) v SWINDON (4)

Champship: NORWICH (3) v MIDDLESBROUGH (4)

Most fans love the play offs but there are some who still dont think they are fair!!
    Well surely all the purists will say its fair that each final includes the two teams who finished immediately behind the promoted teams.
    There as always been this argument about the play-offs but let's be honest it keeps the season alive for far more clubs and look at this season we would have bagged it weeks ago. I am a big fan tbh and the excitement levels once your in there is unbelievable. So while this might look unfair to us, in several other seasons we have finished 4th - 6th, season over.

I know Preston deserve to go up gards but on this occasion would you mind if we won on Sunday and went up instead of you

Cooper interview in the link

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat
    I know Preston deserve to go up gards but on this occasion would you mind if we won on Sunday and went up instead of you
    Our footymad friendship only goes so far.

We have finally got to win one of these blasted things...right !!!!!!

Cooper cool as kool can be - view external link

P***tes are up on pens (Pir@tes)

Who do Lescand n Gards want to play next season out of Wycombe and Southend?

[quote="gaz1959"]P***tes are up on pens (Pir@tes)

Who do Lescand n Gards want to play next season out of Wycombe and Southend?[/quote

Only if they manage to get into the 3rd round of the FA Cup

I was glad to see Bristol Rovers go up because I dont like Grimsby!!

I wasnt interested in either Southend or Wycombe to be honest.

I did prefer Naarich going up because Middlesbrough sent us down last year!! (and as fans, we dont forget certain teams and certain fixtures do we).

And as a neutral, I had no like or dislike in the Preston and Swindon game. Its a shame that Preston didnt concede at 2-0, instead of rubbing the salt in a bit more.

ps - And also, isnt that ridiculous on footymad that you cant write the word pi*rates or pi*ranha without the *, because of the three initials.