+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Current Odds

Current Odds

With the season drawing to a close I thought I would look at the current odds for the Championship. I chose the online betting site of Betfair to obtain these odds, some Bookmakers may differ.

Bournmouth 9/4

Norwich 9/2

Middlesborough 9/2

Watford 5/1

Derby 11/2

Brentford 90/1

Ipswich 240/1

Wolves 360/1

1000/1 Bar

Bournmouth have been as big as 95/1.

Wolves drifted at one stage to 1000/1 and someone has had a bet at 990/1. for small money.

re: Current Odds

After la nights victory the market has been haken up somewhat.

Bournmouth and Watford now are both 9/4

Middlesborough 3/1

Norwich 7/1

Derby 36/1

Brentford 50/1

Wolves 210/1

Ipswich 250/1

For next season:-

8/1 Derby, Hull
    9/1 Middlesbrough
    12/1 Wolves, Burnley
    14/1 Brentford

See link:- - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88
    For next season:-

8/1 Derby, Hull
    9/1 Middlesbrough
    12/1 Wolves, Burnley
    14/1 Brentford

See link:-

Jeez that Bookie won't be getting my money putting us up that short I'd want twice those odds before a ball has been kicked.

methinks its gonna be a real scrap to get out of the championship as directly winners and runners up next season and getting harder as the years pass by due to the money the relegated clubs get in parachute.
    this imo is a make or break season for you wilfs as isnt this the last year of your parachute? the struggle will fiercly continue if you dont make it this coming season,best of luck,thru gritted teeth lol

If you look at the betting for the Premiership, you can soon see that it is a closed shop.

Chelsea 13/8
    Man City 7/2
    Arsenal 9/2
    Man U 6/1

Liverpool 33/1
    Albion 1000/1

Name your price the rest.

In the Championship, at least ten teams are in with a chance.

The rest cannon fodder in the Greedy League,how exciting playing knowing you haven't got a hope and chuffed if you keep the loss down to three goals per game.

Quote Originally Posted by greystone16
    The rest cannon fodder in the Greedy League,how exciting playing knowing you haven't got a hope and chuffed if you keep the loss down to three goals per game.
    Agreed Greystone, but Southampton, Swansea and maybe Palace have done well. The trick is to progress from there. For those in the top bunch, staying there should be easy with their money, but Liverpool look far from convincing IMHO.

After two/three league matches we have closed to fourth favourites to win the Championship. Derby are third with odds drifting. A win tonight will put us in a very good position.

I do not bet, but I do find the changing odds quite fascinating. - view external link

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)