+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flare Thrower

Flare Thrower

Flare thrown by Rangers fan. Group of them sitting in Row I of Phil O'Donnell stand, after final whistle there were hundreds of empty seats.

Thrower of flare was sitting in seats I60 to I62. Pointed out to stewards, who ignored information.

re: Flare Thrower

Report it to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by wellanon
    Flare thrown by Rangers fan. Group of them sitting in Row I of Phil O'Donnell stand, after final whistle there were hundreds of empty seats.

Thrower of flare was sitting in seats I60 to I62. Pointed out to stewards, who ignored information.
    Agreed but some of the empty seats were Well fans with kids who left because of the bile and aggression from some Rangers fans.

To be fair as the second one went in and they streamed out past me a good few wished us well for next year.

I made a note of a number of seats where there were Rangers fans in them and will be passing the info to the club together with a complaint.

Well done Wellanon. Excellent specific information. Please make sure you report it. Our potential flare throwers were diagonally across at the end of the East stand singing their hearts out.

Going onto the pitch at the end to celebrate was naughty but they shoudn't have taunted the opposition fans the way they did - that could have turned really nasty.

I posted some days ago about the occasion on which some Celtic fans had got into the main stand and about how, as Motherwell equalised at 3-3, the mood turned nasty. Looks like something similar this time, and I can't see an easy way to stop it.
    Everwell's right about our fans; they should have stayed where they were and kept singing and cheering until the last 'Gers fan had left the ground. I have sympathy with their feelings - I've had over sixty years of putting up with the massive arrogance and sense of entitlement of some OF fans. I've only ever been under physical threat at two grounds - any guesses ? - and I have no time in any respect for some of the OF attitudes, but we demean ourselves if we respond in kind. We're the club which helps dementia sufferers, collects for food banks and is based in a town which gives more per head to charity than anywhere else in the UK. We don't need to get involved in slanging matches with anybody.
    C'mon the 'Well.
    P.S. - I was greetin'. I thin

Yep - I was in the part of the POD stand where there were a good number of Sevco-ites. There was a tension and notable increase as the 2nd half went on. Question - if the tickets were only sold to season ticket holders, and people could only get a ticket from a Well fan or Society member, who were the knobz that got them the tickets? The intruders were highlighted to stewards at half-time but nowt was done. There was also a raucous in the bogs at HT and the perpetrators were allowed back to seats they weren't meant to be in in the first place !?! WTF !!

Don't know if there is any truth in the story about gers fans buying tickets on Saturday past before Thistle game? Heard that a few of them bought them up before security checks came into effect on Monday.
    I know 4 guys from Motherwell who got tickets together for POD stand, they got them there selfs...and they ain't well fans.
    Would be bit **** if our fans were buying tickets for them, especially for POD/Coops stands that are inhabited more by families.
    If there were any in the east they sure kept quiet.

I am STH based in the East Stand however I was late getting tickets so ended up in the POD stand a few things.

1. I and my fellow Well fans (six in total) had at least 20 Rangers" casuals and before anyone asks how I know they were casuals I know football fans from football hooligans, sat behind us in front of us and just to the right of us.
    2. I reported the intimidation and abuse these "fans" we're increasingly giving Well fans not once but twice to Stewards and the response from both stewards independtly were we believe we know who they are and where they are sat but until they do something we can't act!". So abusing Well fans is not "doing something".
    3. Categorically the flare thrown from the POD stand was thrown by someone located amongst a group of Rangers supporters to my left who were amongst the Rangers fans who up and left en masse when we scored our second goal. These are the same fans who goaded the Well supporters as they were leaving resulting in altercations with th

hope this is all passed on to MFC/SPL/polis and RFC asked to retract their statement about their fans good behaviour if indeed (a) they threw flares (b) RFC fans in o donnell stand provoked home support causing a fraca (c) rfc fans illegally obtained tix for home end (d) rfc fans attacked women/children and property outside ground.
    nb what happened outside ground later with Moshni

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)