+ Visit Sunderland FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McClaren and the scum

re: McClaren and the scum

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom
    As a manager i think he is a decent choice for them although that makes no differance.
    He has to work to ashleys constraints, and wenger would struggle with those. Although he should be good enough to work with what little he has. A Dutch pardew if you like.
    I'd argue over his managerial abilities... certainly the players he brought in at Derby did nowt, in fact pulled them back.

As a coach... a bit like McCarthy, Bruce and similar... very decent in the Championship... naff in the PL.

If they keep Carver as head coach ( PLEASE!!!! ) ...then all I see McClaren being is a Yes man for Ashley and Co.

One thing's for sure, I bet I'm a lot happier and more optimistic now that Big Dick's re-joined us and our future than the mags are about theirs with Brolly man.

As i said, could be the best manager/coach in the world, he has to work to ashlys buisness model.
    Ive a sneaky feeling he may not be quite the yes man they think. He will refuse to take the flak or stevie out campaigns and leave to save his "reputation" citing said restrictions. Club in crisis headlines again.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom
    As a manager i think he is a decent choice for them although that makes no differance.
    He has to work to ashleys constraints, and wenger would struggle with those. Although he should be good enough to work with what little he has. A Dutch pardew if you like.
    A Dutch Pardew?...explain?..or is this your true colours coming through?[/quote]
    Before i answer thats twice you have questioned my support. I answered the 1st time, ill not answer again.
    The board is a little slow and ive mentioned dick being back and our interest in the city player with no replies. Im not surprised nobody posts if this is how a poster is treated. Im happy to go elsewhere if its a problem.

My comment is aimed at the fact pardew kept newcastle safe, although waving a white flag every derby day.
    I think old steve (with his dutch accent) will be much the same. Better than

Quote Originally Posted by staples
    A Dutch Pardew?...explain?..or is this your true colours coming through?[/quote]
    Before i answer thats twice you have questioned my support. I answered the 1st time, ill not answer again.
    The board is a little slow and ive mentioned dick being back and our interest in the city player with no replies. Im not surprised nobody posts if this is how a poster is treated. Im happy to go elsewhere if its a problem.

My comment is aimed at the fact pardew kept newcastle safe, although waving a white flag every derby day.
    I think old steve (with his dut

Quote Originally Posted by staples

I think old steve (with his dut

I've heard he will bed their manager this week...I think they were counting on Klopp or De Boer

Quote Originally Posted by LINETRASH
    I've heard he will bed their manager this week...I think they were counting on Klopp or De Boer
    Just read somewhere that klopp wants to manage in england but at a club that was not a top and doesnt win trophies
    Perhaps getting mclaren so quick didnt help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12