+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2015

re: Ashes 2015

CJL Rogers - Par

DA Warner - Below par, but has the X factor

SPD Smith - Below par, but his last 24months has been amazing

MJ Clarke - Well below par

AC Voges - Below par

SR Watson - Move on

BJ Haddin - Would like to move on

MG Johnson - Luckless more than handy with the bat

MA Starc - Played very well considering ankle injury

JR Hazlewood - Needs to watch McGrath footage

NM Lyon - Sound

What a fantastic experience we had on Day 3. Saw the Aussies all out then England set them over 400 to chase.

Sat next to a couple of Aussies who said that Watson had to be dropped. And a big question over Starc's fitness.
    But to be fair they didn't look like they would claw things back.

I did love my first Ashes experience. The England lads were great with the crowd before and after the game - doing loads of autographs and chatting with the crowd. Shame on most of the Aussies who ignored both sets of fans wanting autographs etc - with the exception of Mitchell Johnson who was the only one I saw to do autographs, and then Nathan Lyon who saw I was taking a picture of him while he waited to be interviews and posed for me!!!!

We saw Swanny perform on stage - he isn't a bad singer you know! And Glamorgan is a great place to watch cricket.

The sun shone - the atmosphere was great - and it was a lovely way to spend a day.

1-0 to England - now to the home of cricket and see how the Aus

Sounds like you had a ball.

Hopefully next game we bring our A game and get back to 1-1

Hey maybe the selectors heard me.

Watson Haddin Out.

Marsh and new keeper in. (I thought they could've given Vogues the gloves

Yeah seen that Yubbs, Haddin has family problems and Leg Before Watson has been dropped. Seems they are fedup of his continual use of the D.R.S. (Dont Review Shane).
    I was shocked at the UN-Australian approach in the 1st Test, no mongrel attitude. Long may it continue, however I fear the wounded convict's revenge.
    Love to be 2 up tho when I roll up at Edgbaston at the end of the month .

Quote of the day. "Does anyone else like to hear Shane Warne talk? Or is it just him?" ODrunkenbushman.

Bushy's lookalike is commentating this match as well. He is actually ringing the bell today at Lords.

The only time I like Warnie speaking is when he is reminiscing with former team mates.

Day 1 Second test.

3 things I'll mention

1- very placid pitch
    2- very average bowling (very unJimmylike bowling)
    3- What were you thinking David????

Well done Steve

"The city is yours, the city is yours, you're top dog Ozzie, the city is yours".

We're never coming back from this one .
    1-1 - 3 to go.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)