+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovers to finish

Rovers to finish

Higher / lower than Bunley..? Your thoughts ?

re: Rovers to finish

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    Higher / lower than Bunley..? Your thoughts ?
    Alf gets the giant spoon award, and the season hasn't even started yet.
    This one will run and run...
    Some responders will apply "science"; others will have a feeling in their water; some will use blind loyalty.
    I haven't a clue, but I would say much will depend on whether we can retain at least one of our prolific goal-scorers.

Lower Alf I think 14th will be our finish
    Gestede will go and we are lacking anybody creative in the centre
    On top of this grant hanley will be back to not only playing but as captain
    If Burnley finish lower than 14th that would be nothing short than a catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    Lower Alf I think 14th will be our finish
    Gestede will go and we are lacking anybody creative in the centre
    On top of this grant hanley will be back to not only playing but as captain
    If Burnley finish lower than 14th that would be nothing short than a catastrophe.
    Robin - I've decided to take an optimistic line on Grant Hanley. I don't think he should be captain, but I am hoping that he can return to the form he showed when he first came into the team. One problem I can foresee is lack of distribution from central defence, because that is not Hanley's strength and our likely defensive midfielder, Jason Lowe, is not exactly a passing wizard either!
    I still see a box-to-box midfielder with good passing skills as our greatest need. Can you get one of those on loan? Is O'Sullivan good enough?
    (Alf, sorry for trying to turn this into a Blackburn Rovers thread!)

He most certainly is good enough as an attacking outlet
    On the wing or just behind the striker is his forte
    Box to box not sure about that
    I remain hopeful furman is that man but look at the last player we gained from Doncaster rovers

If rovers retain gestede and Rhodes as a front pair, we WILL finish above burnleh imo. I'd either of them leave, depends who we bring in..

I have more chance of waking up next to Kelly brook than both Rhodes and gestede being here by the end of the window
    even if they are I can't see us finishing above the dingles.

Higher, remember you are only burnley FFS.

Nice one Alfi.

Are you not satisfied at being the best run small town club in the country and consistently pulling above your weight?

If Bowyer stays we will finish lower than you, if the two strikers leave we may well be relegated.

Both will finish just above midtable.

Rovers will finsh a place or 2 higher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)