+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the left back position and goal keeper one too

the left back position and goal keeper one too

ive said it before ill say it again every player who left in the summer were replaceable. however the lb position is one which would of been hard to fill and having been at tonights game v killie i hope jordan marshall hasnt been given that job. i know most of us only saw him for the first time but to be frank the boy looked lost His positioning wasn't the best, on more than a few occasions. and I thought he looked very uncomfortable on the ball at times and looked out of his depth. it was nt just me saying and thinking it some of the comments echoed from the stands i hope fowler has a long hard look at this and addresses it i hope the young man proves me wrong but on tonight,s showing dowie and higgins must know that change is needed

on the goalkeeper thomson i thought he was good in the air collecting some good high balls made a decent couple of saves. but i cant help but feel sorry for jim atkinson who would your number 1 be for the new season its a tough call

re: the left back position and goal keeper one too

Well I thought that the faithful would have waited a few league games in before starting to throw mud at our new young players.

But No, its started immediately after our first open door friendly game, and to one of the youngest players in the squad 18 years old Jordan Marshall.

Did it ever cross your mind that this young lad might be nervous in his first game? No probably not. He's just labelled "out of his depth". Argh you despair sometimes.

i also said i hope the young lad proves me wrong i made my comment based on tonights showing and that holts position will be the hardest to fill imo

Quote Originally Posted by WULLIEQOS
    i also said i hope the young lad proves me wrong
    I'm sure Jordan is grateful for your support.

G[quote="WULLIEQOS"]ive said it before ill say it again every player who left in the summer were replaceable. however the lb position is one which would of been hard to fill and having been at tonights game v killie i hope jordan marshall hasnt been given that job. i know most of us only saw him for the first time but to be frank the boy looked lost His positioning wasn't the best, on more than a few occasions. and I thought he looked very uncomfortable on the ball at times and looked out of his depth. it was nt just me saying and thinking it some of the comments echoed from the stands i hope fowler has a long hard look at this and addresses it i hope the young man proves me wrong but on tonight,s showing dowie and higgins must know that change is needed

on the goalkeeper thomson i thought he was good in the air collecting some good high balls made a decent couple of saves. but i cant help but feel sorry for jim atkinson who would your number 1 be for

An 18 year old making his Home Debut v SPL opposition and all he gets is criticised.

Wullie take a long hard look at yourself. It is people like you who will break the confidence of our young players before its even started to build. Shame on you. Think before you type.

I have to say that for an 18 year old making his debut Marshall did very well. He was caught out a bit early on but as the game wore on he got better and better - in the early days Holty showed his inexperience - only to be expected.

For me he had an excellent left peg and and was quite pacy.

Overall some very good signings given the scale of the rebuilding.

having time to reflect my comment maybe i was a bit unfair for that i apoligise however i still maintain holts position would have been the hardest for the manager to fill i really honest do hope the lad gets a chance hoping for a good season for queens

Quote Originally Posted by WULLIEQOS
    having time to reflect my comment maybe i was a bit unfair for that i apoligise however i still maintain holts position would have been the hardest for the manager to fill i really honest do hope the lad gets a chance hoping for a good season for queens
    Apologising is an admirable quality many people don't have. So fair play. No one would disagree left back is probably trickiest position to replace.

Can understand more judgemental type comments starting to creep onto the board maybe 10 games into season towards individual players. We have to give these younger players time to settle in, develop and build their confidence. I remember seeing Holt really early on and to me he looked the weakest link on the park, but I kept my mouth shut because I knew he was a young kid developing. And look what happened. He became one of our best.

Best tip I go by is, always imagine your words will be read by the player you are commenting on

The reality is that Holt has gone on to pastures new and he will probably continue on his travels to a yet higher league.

Kevin Holt was a great servant for Queens, but he has gone and we must not compare and contrast any new player to his undoubted ability.

Remembering his brilliance is one thing, but expecting any player to fill his shoes is a bit much, - especially in his first pre-season friendly!

In four years time however, the young man may well have matured into another quality left back.

A wee bit of patience is required by some people please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)