+ Visit Sunderland FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: .. stopped up for the match this morning ..

.. stopped up for the match this morning ..

.. wrong decision ..

.. looks like we are persisting with the three strikers up front. It's not working, fell well short and Defoe looked wasted on the left ..

re: .. stopped up for the match this morning ..

I did too, and have to wonder what we were trying to achieve in the game. Not running about much (fitness), no apparent tactics, poor passing, dreadful defending, and the front 3 looked like they wouldn't get near to scoring. Wickham's petulance was both annoying and unprofessional. Fletcher looked like, well he didn't make enough of an impression to look like anything.

I know it is pre-season, but the absence of pretty much anything positive for most of the game is scary. I hope that Dick's meeting with Short and Congerton is to agree we need another CB, another creative midfielder or two and at least a proper striker to go up front with Defoe. For me, Fletcher and Wickham can go. I know that graham isn't brilliant, but he at least tries to play in tandem with Defoe.

Im quite pleased that i worked through it all and can have a chuckle at other folks `misfortune` for a change...

Andy

Ritchie

Ha Ha, Andy Ritchie, remember him?

Quote Originally Posted by elsphynx
    Im quite pleased that i worked through it all and can have a chuckle at other folks `misfortune` for a change...

Andy

Ritchie

Ha Ha, Andy Ritchie, remember him?
    .. stop gloating at the afflicted .. ..

Quote Originally Posted by ritchiep
    I did too, and have to wonder what we were trying to achieve in the game. Not running about much (fitness), no apparent tactics, poor passing, dreadful defending, and the front 3 looked like they wouldn't get near to scoring. Wickham's petulance was both annoying and unprofessional. Fletcher looked like, well he didn't make enough of an impression to look like anything.

I know it is pre-season, but the absence of pretty much anything positive for most of the game is scary. I hope that Dick's meeting with Short and Congerton is to agree we need another CB, another creative midfielder or two and at least a proper striker to go up front with Defoe. For me, Fletcher and Wickham can go. I know that graham isn't brilliant, but he at least tries to play in tandem with Defoe.
    .. my sentiments exactly .. I like Fletch but it's just not happening and Wickham's a back up player at best. Graham always puts a shift in ..

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73
    .. wrong decision ..

.. looks like we are persisting with the three strikers up front. It's not working, fell well short and Defoe looked wasted on the left ..
    Defoe said the other week that he's not a winger, and has never played anywhere else other than up front his entire career. I think sunderland's best is an 4-4-2