+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley slowly building

Burnley slowly building

Not too happy with the departure of Shacks to Derby and maybe a bit disturbing to hear Shacks saying Dyche is a good Manager and has brought his game on 2 fold but commenting that Dyche had to say his move was money motivated, Shacks' comeback saying "well he has to say that as he's the front man for BFC", plenty to ponder over them comments so draw your own conclusions.

Arfield and Jones signing contracts which is good.

Lowton, Vossen (who I'm very pleased with), Long and Agyei in.

Plenty of talk of Lansbury (maybe a Juke exchange), Baker and a few more.

Still need a GOOD replacement for Shacks, a Midfielder and maybe a winger and I'll be happy, and I'll be over the moon if the kite moves on.

re: 'Burnley slowly building'

You can probably forget about a winger coming in. Unless one leaves that is.

Baker is looking close now. Played more Premier League games than Shackell, he's 8 years younger and he may cost a million plus less. Great business.

Lowton and Vossen are very good replacements for Trippier and Ings

It's splendid that we've got a bit of promising youth in as well.

I think that Lansbury may be a bridge too far for us. By all accounts he wants to come to Burnley but Forest want players and if Dougie is after Juke as well as brass then I don't think it will happen. I believe that Dyche is a Juke fan.

I think that if we get Baker in then that will be about it, apart from maybe a loan (hopefully a centre midfielder as we STILL need one).

Do you guys think you will get promoted again this season?

I dont know anything about your new signings but from your posts they sound decent players? Rammy may be having second thoughts about going up to Turf Moor this season?

Keep the info coming lads ..hope we can beat a Dirty a Leeds

re: 're: 'Burnley slowly building''

'Do you guys think you will get promoted again this season?'

I'll pass on that question Laz One game at a time for us.

'I dont know anything about your new signings but from your posts they sound decent players?'

Lowton has come from Villa where he's had three seasons in the Premier League. Most Villa fans have been complimentary about him and say that we've got a good player for a good price.

Vossen was on loan at Boro last season from the Belgian side Genk where he's scored shed fulls of goals (yes only Belgian League). He's played in the Champions League and scored against Chelsea a few seasons back.

Every Boro fan (that I've seen on their forums) wanted Boro to buy him. Vossen didn't want to go back to Boro and we signed him. The head coach at Boro said that he's the best finisher that he's every worked with.

The two young lads are very promising players and may earn us some brass in the future.Hopefully after they've scored a shed full of goals for the Claret

re: Burnley slowly building

I'm waiting for a decent replacement for Shacks and a Midfielder Lawrie, if I feel they are good enough (if we get them) I may pop along to the bookies for a wee wager, I'm like Stan in that I hardly bet on my team, only about 3 times in the last 15 years.

To be honest I am very surprised Dyche is still here, I thought he'd be off but pleased he's still at the helm.

Edit: Yes Alf it would be brilliant to start the season with all three points at weeds

re: 're: Burnley slowly building'

Looks like we might be getting a winger of sorts after all.

Darikwa from Chesterfield who plays right back/winger.

re: Burnley slowly building

I like the sound of that Morsy Stan, from what jedi_master is saying about him, he sounds just the job.

re: 're: Burnley slowly building'

Darikwa has signed.

Yes we'll have that Morsy as well Alto.

Let's just buy everyone.