+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monsanto

Monsanto

The chemical company that brought us the most toxic products in history, saccharin, round-up, and agent orange have shown us how entrenched they are in US politics. Not only are US farmers forced to buy their GMO seeds due to seed patents they have now successfully lobbied for and had passed a critical change in food labeling. The United States House of Representatives,and against enormous public and industry outcry, passed H.R. 1599 — widely known as the “Deny Americans the Right to Know Act” or “The Dark Act.” This will invalidate the existing mandatory GMO labeling laws in any state.

In a nutshell, the legislation requires the burden of proof as to the safety of genetically modified ingredients to reside with the developer of the product. Forget independent peer-reviewed studies. If Monsanto claims their genetically modified creations are safe, they must be. Currently new products are tested over 90 days by Monsanto paid scientists and then released for mass consumption.

But

Monsanto

Well crap Oz. I no longer have mod rights so I can't transfer this. :-(

re: 'Monsanto'

I'd just assumed that Oz was referring to Jordan Monsanto, the French Ligue One central defender currently plying his trade with Troyes that Tim had agreed personal terms with , and now I've had that dream shattered .

Oh well, at least we may have the genetically modified Berbatov instead.

Damn. Mate I actually made sure this was posted in the tavern. i was actually in there when I selected new topic.

Why do you no longer have mod rights?

Yep just checked. Went into tavern, selected new topic and it then changes to villa chat. This place is going to the dogs

re: 're: 'Monsanto''

I lay no claim to be an expert on the subject, but on the face of it this (Monsanto) could have massive ramifications for the U.K and Europe as whole too, given the proposed/impending Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and associated Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDD).
    Worrying times if this all comes to fruition. - view external link

Oz. I lost the mod rights when they changed the format. I tried to go isn't the back office and transfer it but I couldn't. I did manage to ban the kitchen spammer.

As far as Monsanto, I used to think they were the greatest thing. I had awesome carpet by them and it rivalled DuPont. I had customers come in once in a while and refused to buy Monsanto and I thought they were crackpots.
    Then I saw the documentary on them and wow!

They are firmly entrenched into the Whitehouse. Both Bush's, Clinton and Obama all embraced them.
    This is why I hate this two party system where they just try to put them vs us or Dems and GOP's.
    Monsanto has killed the farmer in the U.S. And in Mexico. Who's next?

I think its time we started growing our own food in a community. Eg oz grows the potatoes, yubby the carrots, nuclear the peas and Dazzy collects eggs from his chickens. We a trade veg and meat ect and tell asda to f off

And just the tip of the iceberg Oz in terms of Big Companies control worldwide not just in the US.

re: 're: 're: 'Monsanto'''

Albion dont get me started on this. We have our own version of this called the trans pacific partnership agreement which is all being pushed forward with cloak and dagger secrecy. All these global trade agreements have common themes. Corporations able to sue government for loss of future earnings due to changes in policy or law. ie tobacco, fracking. last year the huge US chemical company DowAgroSciences sued Quebec for banning the use of a dangerous pesticide, using an agreement called NAFTA that does not go nearly as far as proposals for the TPPA.

Medicines will become more expensive as big pharmaceutical companies gain more influence over PHARMAC, and restrictions are placed on generic medicines. Copyright laws will be toughened and more harshly enforced, restricting internet freedom and access to information, costing libraries, schools, and businesses, and stifling innovation.

Parallel importing will be banned so folks will have to pay far more for all sorts of ordinary prod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)