+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Singing the blues

re: Singing the blues

Lot of bitterness on here ... and unbelievable arrogance. We're only one league game in, come back to me with your boasts come the start of next year.

And why is Rov so cranky? Is it because no one asked him whether he caught the bouquet.

Edit; seems Bristol City are no barometer. Battered 3-1 by Luton tonight and they have a squad as thin as Jack Charlton's hairline.

Cranky? I'm ecstatic at the moment with the football I saw last night.

Me catching the bouquet?.... I was more worried about the missus catching it to be honest!

Can only beat what's put in front of you, Katch. I'm sure Gillingham fans are saying the same thing

Jeeeez The Wednesday ....we are blessed.

Jeez....has there ever been a visitor so detached from ANY sense of reality!

Didn't Wednesday totally boss the team who were promoted League 1 Champions.
    Shouldn't any success SU had last year against Bristol City be viewed in the light of failure against mighty opponents like Fleetwood and others...leading to ANOTHER failed promotion campaign.....I repeat....ANOTHER....and a fifth season in the Pub League?

Gillingham beat you 4-0!!!!!!!

George Long is a CHOKER.......aside from other gaffs, didn't he punch the ball into his own net?

Morecambe ..last gasp 93rd minute winner

Yep.....Sheffield Wednesday - forever singing the blues!

You also sing a couple of other songs my bitter friend ... all nicked of course.

But keep on with all the bluster and arrogance. I love it.

And don't worry about us - we've got Nigel Adkins. Do you think our Nige has "STAR quality" like Carlito? x-D

I suspect it's less about whether Adkins is any good or not....more about how much patience there is while he sorts out how you're going to exit the pub league.
    Don't know how realistic it would have been for you to land Kirkland.....but wasn't Adkin's failure to make a move for Kirkland an early indication of slowness off the mark.
    As a SU goalie, Chris Kirkland would have valued the chance to remind Wednesday what we'd been overlooking.

Even Evans has swallowed his pride, bending his fat corpulent knee to accept valuable additions to his squad from his MASSIVE neighbours.

As far as Adkins having STAR quality though....surely we all know that possibility was extinguished when he put pen to paper with SUFC

There is nothing to say that Kirkland was ever on Adkins' radar. At his best he's a better stopper than what we have, but his best is long behind him, he peaked over 15 years ago now and his durability and reliability as a starting goalkeeper was ended when Jones felt the need to bring Damian Martinez in.

You're drawing conclusions from one league game. It's barmy - and as soon as you lose a couple on the bounce the knives will be out for Kickaball - and we don't know how patient Chancer is now do we. I also wonder how your foreign legion will cope with not having Christmas off?

Adkins has a MASSIVE task on, but he's been there and worn the t-shirt. Edgar is an incredibly shrewd signing and has all the qualities that we've lacked for the past six months. A little bit more tinkering and we'll be performing to Nigel's tune.

Good old katch, confirming what we all thought about him.
    What a tail

Yep, a total load of bollox as usual...Well done Katch.

Thing is..We've signed some top notch quality players and they'll be more to come...Whereas the Pigs have signed has beens such as Sharp who are well passed their sell buy date.

As for Adkins...He's sh!te..A top manager wouldn't let his team lose 4-0 on the opening day of the season to a team, come May, will be in the bottom four of the third division.

He'll be sacked by Christmas.

Re your loan signing of David Edgar....

'Incredibly shrewd' signing... has all the qualities etc...

Edgar was on loan at Hudds last year......their fans were less enthusiastic than you? - view external link

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)