+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 1884 group

re: 1884 group

There's always going to be disagreement on this issue and people will take it personally when they feel they may be being told how they should be/ feel/ behave as fans when they probably been following a club for years, me I don't have an axe to grind with 1884 , it just doesn't do it for me, seems just fake and plastic,, all the flags look impressive when you think fans have brought them to games themselves , not so impressive when you realise they have been put there rematch for them to wave, so as I say nothing personal but for me this whole thing 1884 is trying to create is not real , or sustainable,,it's a facade and anybody who thinks they can or even should try to create the same level of passion and atmosphere across the board for every game no matter who the opponents or circumstances around the game fails to grasp what British football is all about and was built on, God every season theres games you look forward to cause you know they will just buzz, others that surprise you

Sorry meant wrankles, apologise to all other old rams fans on here who may have wrinkles

Derby123 "Rat, if you are telling me that you were correct about the south stand move not having an impact on the atmosphere, then you are even more deluded and ignorant than i thought you were"

"Don't have to look far why this forum has gone down hill in recent weeks. You have egotists posters like blattea and angry abusing people"

COMEDY GOLD

Where have i abused you or anyone else on this??? I've put up good supportable discussion about why British grounds are lacking in atmosphere. I've also stated what everyone else does that the move has failed miserably. You are the one trying to claim that atmosphere for big matches and/or periods when there have been something more to cheer on the pitch are down to the move which is completely laughable as this has always happened and the ground is just as quiet is it has bee aside of this which is what you said it would remedy ..... And just plain hasn't by your own admission!!!!

You are not going to change the culture

I think Archied makes some very valid points in post #91. There are just some games that take on extra significance and therefore there is more of a buzz in the crowd. This then has the knock on effect of transferring itself into the atmosphere.
    Aside from the local derbies and the cup games against top flight opposition it's hard to predict which games will have the added buzz because it's often defined by the season and how it pans out.
    If we are playing a promotion or relegation decider then the buzz and anticipation will be intensified whoever the opposition are. The QPR game to avoid relegation in '83 and the Palace game to gain promotion in '96 were opposite sides of the same coin in terms of the intensified buzz. Those games really matter despite there being no doubt that playing either of those opponents in a mid table end of season account would just be another 90 mins to get through.
    Forest and Leeds always generate the buzz, so do teams with large away followings like Bir

Did you have to mention vuvuzelas?? It was going well up to then! Hope that has not sowed any seeds.
    Also agree the BBG was not always the intense cauldron we like to think it was.

My 2pence worth is that the move to the South Stand HAS made a difference to games at the iPro, compared to what it was previously. In no way am I saying it's perfect. Songs are not very original, there are too many quiet periods and obviously, there is the good old fashioned Derby moaning!

Rattea - I agree with you regarding European football culture, having lived in Warsaw and attended Legia matches for 3 years, I saw it firsthand. It won't be replicated with authenticity over here. The South Stand again, in my opinion, is an improvement on before, which will be down to performances as well. It still has a long way to go, it's only the 2nd season of being "a thing".

I don't care for songs like the Collymore one either!

As for what we are doing with 1884, as I've said to AngryRam, we don't expect everyone to jump on board with what we're doing, and we also don't expect it to suddenly make a massive difference to consistent noise levels throughout the whole game. What we hoped

Why am I not surprised that it was well received on social media, since this appears to be the way the display was spawned? That's a bit like scoring a penalty... everyone expects you to score. The key is scoring from elsewhere and converting the curmudgeonly masses that do not flock to Faecesbook or ****ter like moths to a candle!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)