+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis Out

Davis Out

2 games in.....brought new faces in.........no motivation....... no change......Davis Out before its too late

re: Davis Out

I prefer to get Bowler and Gradi out there the Problem!! but if u want change of Manager here is a few looking!
    N Clough//,M Adams.// Dave Jones//Neil Warnock//Stuart Pearce//Billy Davis//Paul Lambert// H.Redknap// Big Sam//Owen Coyle//Danny Wilson// and ME!!

I've been reluctant to join in with the 'Davis Out' brigade till now, but I think his time is done and he's done all he can for our club. It seems to me that the passion and excitement has been drained out of the club and a lot of fans are losing enthusiasm - only 122 there at S****horpe today for the first away game of the season!! What does that tell you?
    I don't know specifics but I'd be confident to say that season ticket sales have been down this season on the last. The sad truth is that we are subjected to the same every season - dire football. Davis was a breath of fresh air when he first joined and inherited Dario's underachievers; but now he has proven incapable of building a squad of his own and a new injection of fresh ideas is needed, whether it be from James Collins or elsewhere. I personally chose not to get a season ticket this year - for the first time in 10 seasons - because I had no faith that this season will be any different from the last. Nothing I have heard thus

Great reply Alsager i know i am a moaning old get but the excitement and motivation has gone from the fans and its time for changes....if i couldn't do my job i would get the BOOT.....Mr Davis has suddenly come out and said its the defense gosh we've been saying it for years.....Sorry but until there's new faces at my beloved Gresty Rd there will be no me rant over

He should have gone at the end of the season before last. Instead, all we are served is constant repetition with glaring football management ABC errors. How can it have been so difficult to sign a LB over the last two years? There must be a fair number around who could do a decent job and would not cost a fortune to sign. Instead, we now have Davies chasing a LB from Charlton with a number of promised signing deadlines having expired. We have played three games already and it is the same deficiencies identified two years ago that still have yet to be resolved. Agree about an experienced striker too. Did Hartlepool really offer Paynter more money than we could have managed? What about Barry Corr or Matt Tubbs? In terms of the Academy, I have not been one of those advocating its abolition, but I have reached the point where there needs to be a long hard look at it

Well almost everyone knows my feelings on the level of academy that is needed here without in my view compromising the ethos of giving local kids the chance to get some coaching and play football. Even clubs in the non league do that anyway. We can still do that and save who knows? half a million? More? Less? Unfortunately nobody from the club will tell us and where has the Chairman been these last two years? Its like a secret society when everyone is keeping their heads down.

Davis will say his hands are tied as he is given a budget that he must stick to and its not his fault we can't sign players as we have seen in the media. But he still does things badly by starting with the same team when the subs made a difference in the last two games and yet he never gave them a chance to start as they deserved and it really is not fair on them bringing them on late in the second half when the game is lost. Its obvious in the first half its not working then CHANGE it and not wait until

How many times do I need to tell you?
    It costs £1 million a year to run the academy, £500k of which comes from the Premiership. Net cost £500k per year.
    They might not be big on publicising that figure but in my experience if you ask the chairman directly (and politely), he will tell you. It's not a secret.

So say we cut the academy spending down to zero, then what?

Let's make this simple - in 4 years it's brought in at least £5 million* (Powell, Murphy & Westwood) and cost £2 million. Net profit of £3 million.

How do you replace the income?

* not including Clayton (£650k?), Tootle (£?), the lad that went to Liverpool (£?) and probably a few others.

The net Profit you talk about 3M went straight to NH and the last 2 years its earned Nothing,and the days of getting big fees are well and truly over be lucky to get 1 million for Garret/Saunders/Cooper combined,and if they did NH will be waiting to pocket the profit So Who is the Academy Run for !! it wants sending to the Museum,along with some directors.

I know times are far from great at the moment, but we do have to remember that we have played 2 games in league one this season with a tough game against Coventry tomorrow evening, but really, do we need this right now? I am not one for chopping and changing managers, it rarely makes any long term difference to the results of the team. But we should be looking at the situation after a dozen games, not after 2!

Why has this thread become about the academy? Happens on 90% of threads on this board and is probably why the message board is being used less and less. Becoming boring to constantly see the same debate.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast