+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Boycie" Baraclough latest

"Boycie" Baraclough latest

So "Boycie " has been quoted in the papers as telling the players "stand up or get out" .Well Ian no surprise but I would say the same applies to you ,if we don't win tonight you must walk away before you drag the club I love further into the mire.I might add if you do win tonight but don't win on Saturday the same applies .The job is too big for you,your signings are are a disgrace to MFC thinking you could bring in players from lower standard leagues and turn them into players you don't have an eye for a player and your contacts are sh..e ,do us all a favour and walk away

re: "Boycie" Baraclough latest

Ian Baraclough is one of the best examples of someone who can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. He talks a good game, indeed he comes across very well,very articulate and knowledgable about the game, however what he's delivered on the park just doesn't match his talk and it's pretty obvious that those involved in his appointment weren't able to see past his 'talk' because he's done nothing of note in the game either before or after joining us.

The big concern for me though is that if or when he does go, we will have to rely upon the same folk who appointed him having to source out and appoint a successor, and let's be frank, does anyone have any confidence in them not to make another poor appointment after the shambolic and dragged on nature of appointing McCall's successor?

Bit harsh imo if we lose either of the next 2 games agree questions need to be asked but for me the players we have are capable of better they just don't prove it enough and if that's because they are not playing for the manager then it has to be dealt with 1 way or another

re:

Major part of our problems in all games is the midfied sit no more that 10 feet in front of the defence ...meaning when we get the ball we are breaking from ten feet inside our own half with with no motherwell players in positions to hurt the opposition. It also gives the defence few options and they merely clear the ball for us to lose possession and be under constsnt pressure. Barraclough was moaning about the self same thing on Saturday so I ask the question why are the players defying you and if you cant get them to do what you want after nearly a year what is the point in you being manager. The fact that you still see the liks of Leitch as a player with potential is a worry and the fact you see Taylor as a player at all even more so. Leitch is exactly the same type of player as Carswell socwhy wasnt he moved on and why was Taylor briught in at all. If we lose tonight Barraclough should ge sacked on the spot end of. We just cannot accept losing yo teams at East Fifes level then pas

Hopefully we will not lose confident we will win easily but unlike some people on here I can't guarantee it but come 9 45 I expect us to be next round of cup

re:

Tactically we are so naive we can't take throw ins without losing possession ,We take free kicks or corners that are over hit and we don't have anyone at the far side of the oppositions area to come and meet the over hit ball.we have no imagination to our free kicks it's just hit and hope.The opposition teams we have played do not need to defend as our back four and midfield play so deep and close together that we don't look capable of playing an out ball that would create a counter attack.Opposition managers just push their midfielders 10 yards further up the pitch and stretch the play thus making our narrow back four suspect to every cross ball that is fired in usually at some point resulting in a goal scored against us.

He should really heed his own advice by standing up or get out. The buck stops with the manager, he brought the players in, he picks the team and formation. Once you start all that kind of talk about players publically you are struggling as far as I'm concerned. I thought he looked down during that interview, I may be looking to much into it but I think he knows his jacket is on a shoogly peg at the moment. Lose to East Fife and Killie and just do us all a favour and listen to yourself.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)