+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Bowyer be Sacked Poll

Interesting thread about whether we should sack Bowyer from back in 2015.
    At this point we are much higher in the table than now, and had a huge chance of getting in the play-offs.
    Alot of our 'fan-base' thought we should be doing alot better, alot thought he wad doing ok.
    After we sacked him, we got...
    Berg - Complete failure.
    Appelton - complete failure
    Coyle - complete failure.
    We then ended up in Div1.
    The start of all of that imploding was the fans desire to get in someone else because 'some' felt that we should be doing better.
    We very nearly went of business.

The threads only go back to 2014, so I am unable to dig out the Allardyce out threads. Of which there were plenty.
    2010. We where a lower midtable Prem side who's owners, the Walker Trust decided to sell.
    Alot of our fan base disappeared once it became Allardyces style of play was so bad, the average gate dropped by 5,400 in one season.
    The main issue? Alot of our fans felt we should be doing much better. Allardyce has already split our fan bas. Me? I never liked his style of play, but thought we would always remain a sound midtable side.
    Wallies from Whalley would often turn up and state we need to push on. Why settle for midtable.
    Venkys listened.
    We ended up with Steve Kean. And the rot set in from there.

The best manager, by a country mile came in, settled a terribly run football club. Abd won us promotion at the first time of asking. Since then, we have improved points and positions every season.
    But The Wally from whalley and others feel, like with Allardyce, like with Bowyer that they know best.
    And now is the time to give up security, and now is the time to take a huge gamble. In the middle of a pandemic. With no income.
    Now is the best time to see if we can go find the new Henning Berg, Steve Kean, Owen Coyle.
    Because lets remember, its Mowbray thats the problem.
    Not any of the failures.
    Lets do another Bowyer, lets do another Allardyce. Because remember, we have a devine right to be in the Prem.
    Because Burnley managed it. And football really is that simple.

How flat this message board is now compared to then 😞

Sorry to leave you to it mate.

Very flat.....where is everyone?!

I know I went missing for some time, but life throws us all curve balls at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)