+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Seasons review (for every team)

re: A Seasons review (for every team)

Do they have a Rugby League World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    Do they have a Rugby League World Cup?

Yes they do, but it doesnt get the hype that the rugby Yawnion world cup gets.. Its usually won by Australia / New Zealand where the game in Australia is on a par with the popularity of football over here..

Never knew that, we don't play Rugby in Derby, so I was never bought up on the game.. With saying that, I now live in Cheshire and Warrington is not too far away from where I live. I guess they play Rugby league because they have a nice new shiny stadium, but I have never been. Are they called the Wires? I see stuff around about the Wires? Just guessing?

Yes Ram as Alf said they do have a RL World Cup, and it will never get the recognition it deserves. England usually get to the Semis and end up losing to either Australia or New Zealand.

Warrington meanwhile are nicknamed the Wires, but their new is Wolves and I think Widnes is their local rival.

I am learning something here. Would the best league team beat the best union team?

St Helens would be a local rival too

I tried to answer your thread Rammy ,but this stupid footymad set up wouldnt let me post twice on the run for some reason.. In answer to your question,St Helens and Wigan Warriors are the teams that Warrington fans love to play although like Acido said Widnes are very near rivals.. I suggest if you get the chance, to go to a Warrington v Saints or Wigan game .. The atmosphere will be very good and the game even better due to the fierce rivalry between them..

Going back to yourquestion about who would beat who.. Quite a few years ago Wigan played Bath at rugby league and beat them By a massive margin of 70 ish points. In the return fixture Bath best Wigan at Union by 20 points or so..

I remember reading about that now you mention it.

I may get myself to a Warrington game, just to see what its about. I am linked to a few rugby players on LinkedIn through my work. Iain Fullarton (Scottish International) and Lewis Moody (England, I think). I think they both played Rugby Union, but not 100% sure. Over a few beers in London a couple of years ago Ian Fullarton told me he played for Saracens and London Scottish. Is that Union, I think so? He is a big b ugger I know that (about 6ft 8ins and muscles to go with it). His mate Kenny Logan was in the bar too. I remember him because he is married to Gabby Logan.

Years ago I was having a beer (yes, I like having a beer or two) with a mate of mine in a pub in Stockton Heath Warrington when I got chatting to the bloke next to me at the bar, as one does, when propping it up with a beer in hand lol. I did not have a clue who he was until my mate Phil said his is Jonathan Davies. I had heard of him of course, but d

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456