+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tinkerman?

The Tinkerman?

No, not a thread about Claudio Ranieri.
    Check the below out.

Blackburn: Ikeme Iorfa Stearman Hause Golbourne

Hull: Martinez Iorfa Stearman Hause Golbourne

QPR: Martinez Iorfa Stearman Hause Golbourne

Cardiff: Ikeme Iorfa Ebanks-Landell Stearman Hause

Charlton: Ikeme Doherty Ebanks-Landell Hause Golbourne

Bolton: Martinez Doherty Ebanks-Landell Hause Golbourne

Brighton: Martinez Iorfa Ebanks-Landell Hause Golbourne

And today: Martinez Iorfa Batth Hause Golbourne

Take away the Stearman transfer and the Batth injury, no wonder we conceed every game.

No one bloody knows who they are playing alongside

re: The Tinkerman?

He doesn't know his best starting eleven and he's not going to when he continues to chop and change. No player in that back four are able to build up an understanding with one another until Jackett sticks with a back four for a few games on the bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    He doesn't know his best starting eleven and he's not going to when he continues to chop and change. No player in that back four are able to build up an understanding with one another until Jackett sticks with a back four for a few games on the bounce.
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to say [/quote]

I knew what you meant, just gave my own take on it.

BTW, welcome back quote button

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71

BTW, welcome back quote button [/quote]

Damn right.
    I miss the quote button as much as I miss the sandwell board.
    I suppose getting one out of two isn't bad

Back on topic, if we had anything like Ranieri's squad at Chelsea I could probably go with it.

But we haven't and never will.

How long exactly does it take the average manager to find his best starting eleven these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf

BTW, welcome back quote button [/quote]

Damn right.
    I miss the quote button as much as I miss the sandwell board.
    I suppose getting one out of two isn't bad

Back on topic, if we had anything like Ranieri's squad at Chelsea I could probably go with it.

But we haven't and never will.

How long exactly does it take the average manager to find his best starting eleven these days?[/quote]

You expect pre-season and say the first

I was under the impression that one of our "best starting eleven" is now playing for Fulham.:/

I think Martinez has deserved his spot now. He hasn't had a laugher of a goal in a while from what I remember.

I like Iorfa at RB and I think Batth needs to be in there because he is consistent, even if he is limited. Not sure what do to about the left side. Would rather have kept Stearman and put Hause at LB as he has the potential to get forward more than Golbourne IMO. And he is probably better in the air and quicker. But then you have to consider EEL at CB and he has strugged when in. Don't envy KJ's decision, but if we hadn't let Stearman go, there's be less consequential decisions to make

Age is a big factor for me when it comes to defence.
    You simply cannot rely on a young back four to get though a season successfully without at least one "older" experienced leader. Youth is great but you need the steady head, the mouth, the organiser.
    This is why Stearman won the accolades last season, this is why Sam Ricketts was held in such regard.
    The relationship between the goal keeper and the back four is paramount.
    We have kept the same back four (five) only twice in a row this season.

It may seem that I'm overly harsh as far as Danny Batth is concerned, but, frankly, on what I've seen, Danny is no great shakes as a defender. Furthermore, in his previous incumbency as Captain he kept his leadership qualities so well hidden they were virtually non-existent. Surely, Stearman would have been the obvious choice for the captaincy, but instead, the wise heads at Molyneux hastened to sell him off. IMHO, in view of our defensive dilemma at that time (a situation which still exists), it was a piece of business so averse to Wolves best interest that it seemed an act of almost criminal neglect.....I wonder if we shall ever know the truth behind it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)