+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tinkerman?

re: The Tinkerman?

For me, the obvious choice for captain is McDonald. He seems to have leadership qualities and is in a much better position to communicate with the other players. He may not be perfect, but he seems to read the game as well as any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf
    Age is a big factor for me when it comes to defence.
    You simply cannot rely on a young back four to get though a season successfully without at least one "older" experienced leader. Youth is great but you need the steady head, the mouth, the organiser.
    This is why Stearman won the accolades last season, this is why Sam Ricketts was held in such regard.
    The relationship between the goal keeper and the back four is paramount.
    We have kept the same back four (five) only twice in a row this season.
    There's no leaders in the Wolves side at this moment in time. Not one of those players are standing up to be counted. An experienced head is what's needed, someone who has been there and done that. we need someone who is vocal and has a good understanding of the game. A player who is able to pick his team-mates up when they go a goal down and encourage them when they make a mistake.

I was watching the Fulham/QPR game and it was evi

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88
    For me, the obvious choice for captain is McDonald. He seems to have leadership qualities and is in a much better position to communicate with the other players. He may not be perfect, but he seems to read the game as well as any of the others.

For me too much of a sulky player to be a leader!

Flailing arms and shrugging shoulders not good body language when backs are to the wall!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)