+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sepp Blather Again

Sepp Blather Again

More negative coverage directed against poor Mr. Blather!

"Swiss criminal proceedings against the president of Fifa, Mr Joseph Blatter, have been opened... on suspicion of criminal mismanagement... and - alternatively - misappropriation," the Swiss attorney general's office said in a statement. It said Mr Blatter was suspected of signing a contract with former Caribbean football chief Jack Warner in 2005 that was "unfavourable to Fifa" and in doing so "violated his fiduciary duties and acted against the interest of Fifa..." The contract they mention is thought to refer to a TV rights deal agreed between Fifa and Mr Warner's organisation Concacaf which, according to an investigation by a Swiss broadcaster earlier this month, allegedly resulted in a multi-million pound profit for Mr Warner's own company.

According to the Swiss attorney general, Mr Blatter is also suspected of making a "disloyal payment" of two million Swiss francs ($2m; £1.3m) in 2011 to Mr Platini, the statement

re: Sepp Blather Again

Untarnished saint or lying toad? I know which one my money is on!

"Lying Toad" for me too, Wokes!

I think I despise Platini even more, which is saying something...

I despise them both equally, and I also think everyone at FIFA is now 'tainted'. I think the whole organisation needs closing down and a new one formed with a completely new and fairly elected board.

Small bloke from an Alpine country who wanted to rule the world

I don't mind Platini tbh

I agree, Plates, let's go back to square one, clean house and start over with a fresh slate!

OK, Jon, we'll keep Platini on...but you're responsible for keeping an eye on him!!

Complete aside but I can remember us being linked to Platini as a player -probably around '78 before he really hit the big stage

Wow! Good memory, Jon!

(I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday!)

Quote Originally Posted by JonDeWolf
    Complete aside but I can remember us being linked to Platini as a player -probably around '78 before he really hit the big stage

Yes we were and it was around '78/79 but we eventually got Raphael Villazan instead!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)