+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIMO VALAKARI

re: SIMO VALAKARI

IMO a smoke screen to deceive whilst target actual manager resident in UK.
    The clue 'Travel to Finland to interview' ... this the closest we'll get to Europe foreseeable future

Valakari's club have stated that the earliest Motherwell FC could talk/appoint him as manager is after 25th of October their last game of the season.His club sit top of the league a polint ahead of second team and two plants clear of team in third place.With the chance of Champions league qualifiers if they win the league IMO I don't see him rushing to come to manage us.

I don't think it'll be Valakari. My moneys on a return for McGhee.

I have nothing but contempt for McGhee but Ill accept him ahead of Valakari.

because .....

Perhaps not the explanation Steviex would post (apologies) but the word Judas springs to mind ... always looked for something better AFTER we had rescued his failed managerial career. In his eyes we were a temporary stopover until something better.
    However, prefer him to Simo as recall had us playing attractive/effective football.

That's the thing with McGhee. You would take him as he is a decent manager, but as other posts suggest you can't help thinking he would off like a rat up a drainpipe. Loyalty is certainly not his strong point.

Because McGhee knows our set up . knows our people , knows our budget and most importantly will have a better grasp of talent in Scotland than Valakari will.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    That's the thing with McGhee. You would take him as he is a decent manager, but as other posts suggest you can't help thinking he would off like a rat up a drainpipe. Loyalty is certainly not his strong point.

There is little or no loyalty in football and its summat we just gotta accept.

I would be genuinely disgusted if the club went down the 'experiment' route again and appointed Valakari. After Kampman, Gannon & Baraclough, if we as a club haven't learned that these 'out the box' appointments who have little to zero knowledge of the Scottish game are no use to us then there really is no hope for us and we would get what we deserve when it inevitably goes tits up.

As for McGhee, I never want to see that renta-quote, media whore Celtic mouthpiece anywhere near our club again. I fully accept that we will always be a stepping stone for players and managers but the manner in which that trumpet conducted himself during his 2nd season and the way his eventual departure took place, this guy doesn't deserve to be allowed to set foot inside Fir Park. This was the man who publically whored himself for every job going and spent more time talking about Celtic in the media during his second term than focussing on us, then when we were weeks away from playing a European qualifi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)