+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiz questions for each others teams

Quiz questions for each others teams

Lets see if we can keep this on topic eh, heres a few questions off the top of my head involving my team against various other posters teams on here. I bet we can all keep this thread going with our own answers & future questions about our own clubs cant we ?

These first questions are 'easy' to begin with..
    (and no looking on the internet and no looking at old match programmes either!!)
    [i]
    1. Which former Norwegian International & former SWINDON player joined Barnsley in their one and only Premier League season (1997-98) ?

2. Which former Danish International player made his home debut for Barnsley against DERBY in 1995-96 ?

3. Which former BURNLEY player was sent off during their loss at Oakwell, in their relegation season of 1994-95 ?

re: Quiz questions for each others teams

I was waiting for others to reply but without gooogle so excuse spelling errors
    Jan Aage Fyortoff

Jan Aage Fjortoft
    I liked big Jan but I dont think he got on with our new player manager John Hendrie in 1998.

He was a legend here but I always thought he was a greedy bastid and cost us games due to it! He is a leg tho and remains faithful to the Robins as he wanted to manage us

Was the Burnley player Paul Stewart who was on loan to the clarets at the time?

Actually Alf I forgot about Paul Stewart!! Gary Parkinson was sent off for lashing out at Brendan O'Connell.
    And apparently according to some of your lot on Clarets mad we slipped the ref a few sheckles that night, was it Kevin Lynch

And the answer to the other question is Jan Molby who we had on loan at the time. He had a good month with us but he was never going to make it a permanent move from Liverpool.

I could ask loads more but does anybody else want to ask a few questions next ?

1. What football team did Barnsley sign striker Daniel Bogdanovic from in 2009 .?

2. Swindon signed Jamie Cureton from which club in 2005?

3. Where did Derby County sign Malcolm Christie from in 1998?

4. Which club did Burnley sign Andy Payton from in 1998?

Swindon got Cureton from QPR. He wasn't bad for us but not outstanding
    I recall being p*ssed off that he was banging them in for Colchester and Exeter thinking a lot of players played better after leaving here
    Cureton
    Timlin
    Reeves
    Corr
    All loyal players too given, the chance

Andy Payton left us for Huddersfield in 1996, so I will say them.
    I havent got the foggiest yet about Bogdan, I will have to try and think about that. I know he ended up at the Blunts and then disappeared forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    1. What football team did Barnsley sign striker Daniel Bogdanovic from in 2009 .?

2. Swindon signed Jamie Cureton from which club in 2005?

3. Where did Derby County sign Malcolm Christie from in 1998?

4. Which club did Burnley sign Andy Payton from in 1998?

Blimey, we have had so many Christie's in recent years....it was a non league side. Off the top of my head i think it was either Stourbridge or Nuneaton. Jim Smith signed him and i think we sold him to Boro if i recall?

No 2. Guessing, Colchester Utd?

What team did Derby sign Kevin Hector from in 1966?

In 1972, before a game, Brian Clough paraded a well known player around the BBG as his new signing, but he never ever played for the Rams. Who was this player and why did he never play for the Rams?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast