+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowyer

Bowyer

Please don't sack him before the Burnley match ..

re: Bowyer

Billy Davies or Gary megson asap please..

He has to go sooner rather than later . I've said it before , gone before Christmas . I did like most get carried away with our little run of 4 games without defeat , but I'm focused again now and not being brainwashed again . Time to find a new man .

Cant really blame Gary Bowyer for the defeat when we were down to 10 men for most of the match.

However,I feel we can blame him for the players poor fitness levels(again costing us late goals with their poor concentration levels)..its happened time and again....whilst a 1-0 defeat is the same points wise as 3-0,goal difference could be useful if we get enveloped in another relegation fight and we are losing our relatively good goals average (for a team near the bottom of the League )quickly.

Could another manager get more from our existing players without being able to buy due to the embargo?

If Tim Sherwood parts company with Aston Villa is he worth at least an approach to see if hed consider the job?

Realistically,I cant see any manager getting promotion with our current squad,but can Gary Bowyer save us from relegation??

It's a bit difficulty in assessing reason for failure without witnessing the game personally, but as said on earlier thread, if we are beaten fair and square that's one thing, but self inflicted wounds are something to rectify that is under our control. Adam Henley hauling a man down (as I have heard, not seen) is such a case in point, marginally outside or inside area makes no difference.
    It's a double uphill battle from there on. GB's blame ?
    But then ND and Williamson on ???.
    I can only go off what I have witnessed previously myself and ponder ....'what was the plan with that'? GB's decision entirely, questions arise.
    As said, if it's fitness levels, that's one thing, but is this down to: bad luck (again!), embargo, or poor back room staff coaching/training?
    Who's to say.

These are normal post match questions, not back to we're all doomed (again) and/or GB out.
    It's a forum guys, so please don't construe as me going all negative again.

Ok
    time to be rational we cannot start blowing the trumpet and getting excited when we went on a unbeaten run then calling for Gary bowyer to be sacked after 1 defeat no matter how poor that result was
    I do feel the next 2 matches will probably spell the end for our manager
    I originally felt we would beat derby and draw with Burnley now I am thinking a draw and a loss and that is not good enough
    you cannot go through a season having one bad month then a good month then a bad month
    the one worry if he goes is not who we would replace him with but who venkys would bring in

Reg Rover is citing David Platt (who seemingly currently is with FC Pune .....of all teams)
    Handy coincidence, especially for his periodical tea and cake with Mrs Desai.

No thanks
    he would send us down at least under bowyer we should at least consolidate

My one big concern is now our unbeaten run has come to an end bowyer will start to tinker AGAIN

We get more knee-jerk reactions on here than a doctor using a giant hammer to test reflexes. Bowyer did not suddenly become a brilliant manager because of the undefeated run. Nor does he deserve to be sacked because of yet another game where an incorrect refereeing decision has had a huge impact on the match.
    I imagine we will now get another bout of manager-name bingo. Billy Davies, for God's sake?!!
    If GB goes - and I don't deny the long-term pattern means there is a case for that - then the replacement needs to be chosen very, very carefully.
    If the man in question took the team on a four-match unbeaten sequence, and then lost a game, would he STILL be automatically better than GB - as some of you seem to argue?
    Is it really worth giving up the continuity and promise that was being applauded just BEFORE the MKD game? Did we really expect that we wouldn't lose again - before Christmas, say?
    I have had much p*ss extracted from me over the years for using the word "balance" too mu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)