+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SM and Footy Mad forums in general are dying and in some cases dead already

SM and Footy Mad forums in general are dying and in some cases dead already

How many of the original posters from say 5 years ago are still posting on here? Less than a handful I reckon and not just this forum either.

Even those still posting occasionally are posting less and less now. I predict that this forum will be completely dead within a couple of years unless there is an influx of new posters and more importantly, they stay.

Not a criticism of here, it is the same on the Derby site and others too.

I remember Sadlad saying he now posts on Face Ache. Where are the others now, are they on Face Ache too or have they just drifted away never to be seen again?

Who has gone missing?

The Fat Saddler
    Sadlad
    Lion1
    Redhugh
    Dudley
    Spiral
    DJay
    DanRrr
    Ghost (Haunted, Poltergeist, Pamsean) we know about, but I did like the original Ghost. Shame he has gone now.
    Callumbustop
    Fulham Jim
    Notts County and Leicester City too.

Not bothered where Akwesasne (Basie/Sherwood) has gone though. He is a pain in the @rse. Luckily, there have not bee

re: SM and Footy Mad forums in general are dying and in some cases dead alr

Lion has just re-appeared on another thread!

It is busy in the main

Let's hope it keeps going

Perhaps I am being a miserable pessimistic old git, always seeing the black side as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    Perhaps I am being a miserable pessimistic old git, always seeing the black side as usual.

well you do support derby........................

I must admit that I post less, no reason really but I think you are right and its a overall thing across the boards.

when we invaded the torquey site that was the gem with some great posts

hope you are well oldtimeram

LOL reference Derby.....you're probably right though.

I am fine thanks Lion, sorry to hear about your mother in law . It is a shame Torquay will never return. It was good on there.

I think the Face Ache and Tw@tter sites are killing forums like this. I will not go on either of those. The nearest thing to either of those I am a member of is LinkedIn and that is a waste of time most of the time.

Footymad has updated the site three times in the last couple of years and made it harder to post every time, a lot of posters are *********ed off with that.. then like Rammy said there is tw@tter and mongbook to contend with..

"Mongbook"?
    Is this 'MoanBoard'?

Oh wait a min, can't be .... Alto's on his hols

A good thread Ram, something you know I have been thinking for a while now.

You have forgotten a fews but nobody could hold that against you as there has been so many poster's on this particular site, some good, bad or indifferent, and that's what I'm bothered about, THIS SITE and not any others and that includes ClaretsMad, full of my fellow Burnley fans but also idiots and run by a total dictator who would not be out of place in China or North Korea, I may read CM but would not post on it with my original because its not a message board where you get a "free" crack of the whip without fear of being edited, sin binned, banned or abused by the clique on there, I know why a few post on there saying it's busy, vibrant and it's fun, but my loyalty as always has been this particular forum.

I fell into it by chance like most of us, started by a conversation between Nut and Lion1 and continued onto the TorquayMad (Riviera) board with various Football fans all conversing with

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast