+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Singalong Saturday

re: Singalong Saturday

I was standing right next to the young guys singing and was joining in as well. To my disbelief , the police came and stood right behind them . Someone ( an idiot ) and 42 year old at that took exception to it big time and rightfully got thrown out . When the police had managed to quieten down the boys , I asked the nearest officer " with all the talk of a lack of atmosphere here, why did you stand behind these lads making them very uncomfortable ? " The reply was that they had reason to believe that girls were carrying pyrotechnics in their bags to use at the game . Well, apart from the fact that your bags get searched on the way in , the police got their way and the promising backing fizzled out quite quickly.The police could easily have watched anything they wanted from the back of the terracing without standing right next to and killing the only noise inside the ground. I know the club read all the QoS material on the internet and to Mr Hewittson and Blount , I want to tell you

Absolutely fantastic post JRSLEFTPEG

Please take note Queens

Trust me , this can't go on .

Supporting your team isn't a crime

I would go even further and say we would all benefit if the club came out and officially said that they welcome all vocal backing to help the team to victory as long as all the silly stuff is left out of it .

I'm so glad others noticed this yesterday . Maybe now those who questioned me will believe what's actually happening .

Is it any wonder crowds are struggling & the youth of today finds other things to do on a Saturday ? I bet whatever they decide to do , they're made welcome and don't feel intimated

SUPPORTING YOUR CLUB ISN'T A CRIME

A big well done to the young fans who started the singing on Saturday that, however, lasted only EIGHT minutes at which point
    two policeman came along and stood right behind them putting an end to the vociferous support ! What is the problem with
    them ? can a spokesman from Police Scotland come on here or give a statement to the local press please.

[quote="JRSLEFTPEG" The reply was that they had reason to believe that girls were carrying pyrotechnics in their bags to use at the game . Well, apart from the fact that your bags get searched on the way in , the police got their way and the promising backing fizzled out quite quickly.The police could easily have watched anything they wanted from the back of the terracing without standing right next to and killing the only noise inside the ground. I know the club read all the QoS material on the internet and to

There's only been one losers here and that's Queen of the South FC .

The match day experience is no longer any fun for some because of unnecessary intimidation from others .

Even the manager commented on how quiet Palmerston is in interviews this week . A group of fans try to change that and are bullied out of it by Police standing over them and watching their every move . There's absolutely NO need for it . Maybe those state of the art CCTV cameras aren't working after all because if they were they'd be using them instead of the bully boy tactics

Perhaps something was spotted on CCTV which led to Officers being deployed to monitor the situation.

You still haven't elaborated on the " bully boy tactics ".

Hope this can be sorted out, singing and supporting the side is what we all want. As has been said as long as it does not involve anti social behaviour or pyros then what is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley
    Perhaps something was spotted on CCTV which led to Officers being deployed to monitor the situation.

You still haven't elaborated on the " bully boy tactics ".
    If you're that obsessed then why don't you ditch your prawn sandwiches and come down to witness it yourself ? That's if there's any fans left

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)