+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Singalong Saturday

re: Singalong Saturday

Good point about the gate between East Stand and Terrace. I went into the East Stand and tried to leave for Portland Road End and was refused . Crazy when you think I was standing queuing up in a line to the East Stand pie shop with Livingston supporters in it . Whoever at Queens reads this , get it sorted out . The only place in the East Stand that needs a security presence is BETWEEN the home and away fans . This current situation is barmy with home and away fans mingling together and home fans not able to move about .

Get a message out telling these young guys that they are welcome as well. I remember well the 1985-86 season when I was a similar age to these lads now . We used to sing our hearts out for the team, roaring the likes of Bryce , Cochrane and Robertson on. We need to encourage this back asap.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Good point about the gate between East Stand and Terrace. I went into the East Stand and tried to leave for Portland Road End and was refused . Crazy when you think I was standing queuing up in a line to the East Stand pie shop with Livingston supporters in it . Whoever at Queens reads this , get it sorted out . The only place in the East Stand that needs a security presence is BETWEEN the home and away fans . This current situation is barmy with home and away fans mingling together and home fans not able to move about .
    I'm glad this situation has been brought up again . I've already spoke to the club about it and although I was promised they'd look into it those stewards and that gate are still there separating home fans from home fans . Why oh why aren't the stewards and the gate half way down the stand so they can keep rival supported apart if need be ? I've already explained to the club that there's some fans who no longer at

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries
    I'm glad this situation has been brought up again . I've already spoke to the club about it and although I was promised they'd look into it those stewards and that gate are still there separating home fans from home fans . Why oh why aren't the stewards and the gate half way down the stand so they can keep rival supported apart if need be ? I've already explained t

The gate and stewards were introduced after one isolated incident at the Queens v St Johnstone cup tie when Queens totally unpredicted the away support that day . A couple of St J's supporters walked freely into the home support as there was no proper segregation . That issue could still happen as the gate and stewards are positioned at the WRONG place .
    It's hardly rocket science is it ?
    Continue to ignore the fact and you'll continue to lose support . That's something no club can afford to do !!!!

Great vocal support from the Queens fans yesterday . What a difference it makes when they're left alone and not subjected to any intimidation from stewards and Police .

Qosfc , please take note

I take it the "great vocal support" you refer to doesn't include the barracking an booing of Queens' players by a section of their "fans".

The atmosphere changed when Millar had a go at Robbie Thomson . Sounded to me like a section of the fans have had enough . I refrained from doing so , I'll leave that to all the auld yins in the mainstand

Are we having a singalong this Saturday, might just have enough for a barbershop quartet.

[quote="Auld_Chippy". [/quote]

The way I saw & heard it was some fans were booing those who were booing the Queens players . It's not really something I do as I'd rather encourage than discourage players but you can't blame some for showing their frustration . They pay their money like yourself and are entitled to an opinion .
    Let's be honest though , the football on show this season has been pretty dreadful . You can perhaps expect more boos next week if things do go our way . Get used to it buddy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)