+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MORTON v QUEENS

MORTON v QUEENS

Not much discussion yet about this game who we play for the 4th time this season. We will have to perform much better than the last time we met at Palmerston - how Morton lost that match was amazing after they spent
    90 per cent of the second 45 camped in the Queens half. Hopefully Beany who was totally anonymous last Saturday can play a blinder on what is his 31st birthday - get intae them !

re: MORTON v QUEENS

Well said. Should be an incredibly tight game. Let's hope fans travel for this one. Queens fans can create a terrific atmosphere in the main stand and help the team get the edge.
    Great away day and often a happy hunting ground.
    Will the young team turn out? Certainly hope so!

A 49 seater fun bus from the Devorgilla Doonhamers is heading up tomorrow . Those lads know how to enjoy themselves and create some noise .
    At least they'll not feel intimidated up there

Fingers crossed Beany can add to his 30 goals he's scored for Queens since signing . He's also scored 16 goals for tomorrow's opponents Morton

No surprise that local lad Denny Johnstone scores against Queens . How on Earth did we fail to sign the lad who would of loved to play for Queens

Not sure he was wanting to play for Queens Johnny. I heard he knew of Queens interest but chose Morton. He looks like someone we could badly have done with. Big, strong and a fair bit of skill as well. Most importantly , knows where goal is . ----Anyway, our movement was slower than Morton and they were far, far more direct , running straight at us . We were playing the ball from side to side without any real cutting edge. Ton deserved the win so no complaints from me. Heff just shouldn't be starting for us , no way. Need to do something different next week like playing Oliver up front and moving the ball far quicker for starters. There was a very good travelling support up today and would guess between 300 - 400.

Overall yet another disappointing performance today . Too many players either not pulling their weight or just not good enough .
    Some of Fowlers team selections remain a mystery , I feel he needs a mini clear out in January as we're just not good enough to challenge for a playoff spot

Wasn't going to mention it but will now . Felt at times pretty sickened to be a Queens fan yesterday . Players getting singled out for verbal abuse and it wasn't nice . Millar had a go at our keeper after the second goal and to me it showed passion at least even if Millar was in the wrong . He was then targeted for some loud , very unhelpful barracking when ( to me) showing some lovely skills. He wasnt the only one getting it in the neck and I wonder now if thats why Higgins raced off at the end without clapping the away support . Felt I had nothing in common with these folk and was kind of numbed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Wasn't going to mention it but will now . Felt at times pretty sickened to be a Queens fan yesterday . Players getting singled out for verbal abuse and it wasn't nice . Millar had a go at our keeper after the second goal and to me it showed passion at least even if Millar was in the wrong . He was then targeted for some loud , very unhelpful barracking when ( to me) showing some lovely skills. He wasnt the only one getting it in the neck and I wonder now if thats why Higgins raced off at the end without clapping the away support . Felt I had nothing in common with these folk and was kind of numbed by it.

I agree JR - the disgraceful slagging of players is not the way ahead. I also deplore the disturbing comments on Social Media by some who should know better !

Very unlike our captain to be fair. The only player to clap our fans was Thomson and that was half hearted. The majority of our players never even gained pass marks and would have realised that they had a bad day at the office. Sorry to surrender our good record at Cappielow in recent seasons.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)