+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Hell hath no fury'...

re: 'Hell hath no fury'...

Love him or loathe him Mourinho is box office and part of the PL's DNA. I don't always agree with his criticisms or philosophies but english football would be a poorer place without him IMO. On a strictly football basis who on earth do you replace him with other than Guardiola?

'Box office' maybe Manx, but not always for positive reasons. There are a few other managerial 'characters' around at the moment...comes across well when he's winning but this whole 'conspiracy theory' of everyone being against Chelsea is not only sad but also possibly becoming self fulfilling. Deserves everything he gets in relation to Eva as far as I can see and I also agree with VdLH about him possibly 'engineering his own dismissal'.

Mm&i highlighting why many football fans are ashamed to admit it sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by vanderlaans_header
    It's weird one and I'm not so sure. He may be coming across as a joke, but the guy is no fool. Just a thought, but it's not inconceivable that he is engineering his own dismissal. One things for sure, he will end up with another top job, regardless of what happens at Chelsea.

I do find Mourinho entertaining from a media perspective, in comparison to the oft predictable scripted cliché interviews given by most PL managers.

He certainly is entertaining, but it becomes wearisome after a while. I'm sure the guys no fool but often very talented, intelligent people do become immune to the caution others might exercise and very often that can be their downfall.

Of course he may be playing a very clever game which we "mere" mortals cannot understand, on the otherhand he could just be acting like a fool, nobody is immune from misjudgement.

I agree about the anodine comments post match but then I've always thought post

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    I agree about the anodine comments post match but then I've always thought post match interviews pointless rarely listen to them and after all a manager or head coach's role is to coach a successful team, not be a media star.
    Fair point. None more so than the Brendan Rodgers "I thought we were fantastic.." comments after every game, when they obviously weren't.

The problem the media exposure has brought is this endless chit chat and "interviews" when what matters is how it is played out on the pitch - its fun discussing and arguing with fellow fans and on boards like these but the way Sky and the rest of TV media presents football is *bleep* poor in my opinion.

Its like the obsession with goals, when yes a gaol or lack of one defines the result, but its the incidents, the runs made by payers and all the little cameos that take place during a game which make it interesting.

I now wait trembling for the wise rodent to make a typically pithy post in response to this.....NOT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)