+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oor Game the bottom line,

Oor Game the bottom line,

All this nonsense about EBTs and whataboutary the bottom line is........
    Rangers should – if they had any sense of honour – willingly offer to relinquish all of the trophies they won during the period where they were using the illegal tax scheme, and the trophies involved be declared null and void for each season in question. Anything less than that is an injustice and an affront to Scottish football fans, and if I was a Rangers fan, I would be openly arguing for the same. It´s about ethics, not sporting rivalry. Think of the giants of the past like Bill Struth. What would Bill Struth have done? What would he have said about this? Rangers fans are not to blame for the shenanigans of their corrupt, cynical and money obsessed boards of the past, but they do bear some responsibility in the right way. Does the Rangers supporter with honour and integrity exist ???????? !

Rangers, but also to some extent Celtic, are the biggest single problem Scottish football faces. The dramatic decli

re: Oor Game the bottom line,

Hard to disagree with s lot of that Stewarty including the voluntary giving up titles should the EBT close out as guilty but if rangers and Celtic are guilty of trying to buy success and not develop youngsters in order to compete with each other and compete in Europe then the diddies have been guilty buying foreign junk just to compete in the spl or whatever it's called.

I am not a David Murray fan and criticised him at the start of this years ago but you can't say only rangers have been guilty across Europe. My suspicion is dozens and dozens of clubs seek these sorts of advantages whether it is outright corruption, Madrid and Barca dodging tax thru 'socio' status, atletico Madrid, etc.etc God knows how many games were bought in the history of euro fitba when u see what is going on in Fifa and athletics. What is unique about Scotland is the undiluted hatred towards rangers and whilst that may make some proud it's also pretty pathetic.

Whatever rangers do will not satisfy anyon

the tainted titles should be returned and an apology offered. I think if that was done and a cup ban was dished out along with a point deduction, it would be acceptable. Rangers would stay in the championship and promoted within 2 years. To be honest they should just admit they are a new club, change their & badge and remove any association from them and the cheating club they are linked with.

Good post Scots, The point Im trying to make is this whole thing has now turned into something completely different, by that I mean its now a Football rivalry thing rather than an Honour/Ethical one, It has now been found the EBTs were a Tax avoiding scheme now whether Rangers knew this at the time or thought they had just found a loop hole we don't really know, What I think the current regime at Rangers should do is hold their hands up and say OK it does seem what the Club did then was wrong we are sorry can we now move on, But it seems they want to move on without any contrition, By doing this they could stop us "" diddy's and Tims in our tracks, It would be the brave and right thing to do,

Fair post Stewarty.

it really is very simple. why dont rangers offer to pay all debt back including the 260 creditors, and remain the same club, keep titles and we can all move on.

why are those responsable so arrogant as to not want to do this.

as for the other problems in scottish football, cant disagree with a lot of that, but club football has been wasted for decades not just in scotland but every where cos its all about money.

i would bring back the foreigner rule, maybe a cap of 5 max on the pitch, it aint against employment law as football likes to pretend cos all clubs can sign as many as they want, just cant play as many as they want at a time.

also what about splitting the gate money 50-50. big clubs will diss this option but they wouldnt have a game if the opposition didnt exist.

Lets have a winter break, set up league cup with mini leagues and change the number of teams in the league..... thats a very radical approach and would make the administrators worth every penny for such vision.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)