+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Lambert - new Rovers manager

re: Paul Lambert - new Rovers manager

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Bet Moonys got one!
    Highly unlikely

This looks a lot better appointment than we might have got. The comments made by Paul Lambert were very good,reiterating our proud history,as |I thought Gary was always too modest to bang the drum (but possibly sensible if the team gives you a sense of foreboding... )

I do think its likely Paul Lambert will get the team more organised,but on the results front well have to wait and see........one worry could be the possible departure of Jordan Rhodes in January to get out of the embargo......I agree with Champs Marshall(who is saleable)is a preferred option along with almost anyone else instead of Jordan Rhodes otherwise Paul Lambert has a much harder job than Gary Bowyer had........

[quote="Howie5o"]It is a relief to see Lambert selected, compared to some of thes put forward.
    He has a decent record, although Aston Villa fans gradually became frustrated with his limited tactics. As it says in Wiki, they suggested he was guilty of "putting out a counterattacking side with no plan B". (Sounds strangely familiar, that!)
    He is definitely a "results" manager (as Sam was), and I hope we get an immediate "bounce" effect from his appointment.
    I doubt that we will see a shift to flowing, attractive football, though, as that has not been the style he has generated at most of his clubs. However, I imagine that won't attract much criticism for a long while, as long as he can produce the points needed.
    I understand Champs's view that we should, perhaps, have taken a gamble on an up-and-comer, but Ven

At the end of the day results dictate everything
    I cannot argue with the point you made that Gary bowyer should not be blamed for players wasting countless chances
    the bottom line is 3 wins in 17 just isn't good enough and as you can't sack 11 players it's always the boss who carries the can
    now we have got our wish of a experienced manager let's hope it does the trick.

It came across quite clearly in the interviews with Paul, that the dwindling uneasy support had got to worrying levels (as I commented over post the Brentford game).
    I really believe if action had not been taken now (thanks to the international break) post Christmas would have seen a good few more 'giving up'. And the remainder slowly but surely 'losing it' with GB.
    He appears to have picked up on the whole shebang and can recognise its going to take quite a bit to get the majority of stay away's back on board. I think that Irvines 'inside advice' would have gone a fair way into convincing him its not a totally lost cause. For this to be a success I would imagine that he's looking for another 6k at least onto the gate, in order to generate that intimidating atmos. at Ewood.
    I am also thinking that he has a bit of a desire to follow up on KD's and GS's successes here, (his fellow countrymen).

an extra 6k , ha ha , not in your wildest fckuing dreams .We will be lucky to ever see a regular home attendance of more than 15000 ever again .

I'm dreaming 17k for a while. But I think Needle's right.

A positive result against pne and I wouldn't be surprised to see 17000-18000 against Sheffield Wednesday for his first home game in charge
    we need a run of a few wins to get the fans back through the turnstiles
    Yes it's fickle but let's be honest isn't that the case for a lot of football teams supporters.

It is. And when they've become used to not shelling out on a Saturday, (and all the other days and times in week); and now have other things to do, footy time is no longer a protected thing in the lives of many that walked - it'll take some effort to get up to 18-19k on a regular basis, (which what I think they're hoping for). Maybe at the end of the season if we're pushing for the play-offs, but I won't get carried away that we will after the start to the season. Unless we win 10 on the bounce starting Saturday

[quote="AucklandRover"]It is a relief to see Lambert selected, compared to some of thes put forward.
    He has a decent record, although Aston Villa fans gradually became frustrated with his limited tactics. As it says in Wiki, they suggested he was guilty of "putting out a counterattacking side with no plan B". (Sounds strangely familiar, that!)
    He is definitely a "results" manager (as Sam was), and I hope we get an immediate "bounce" effect from his appointment.
    I doubt that we will see a shift to flowing, attractive football, though, as that has not been the style he has generated at most of his clubs. However, I imagine that won't attract much criticism for a long while, as long as he can produce the points needed.
    I understand Champs's view that we should, perhaps,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)