+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T FAO Romanis

re: O/T FAO Romanis

Your jokes are just to ''Funny'' Wilson, if you have a day job please don't give it up unless you are employed as your local village idiot.

[b]WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILSON

Haha Wilson the player is strong and tough. I bet this Wilson is old and decrepit. Probably with only months left.

Just seen he Cotto/ Alvarez fight, Alvarez looks strong a great compact fighter with a good punch and thick set strong legs.
    I think the legs make a big difference to a fighter. Thomas Hearns had a great upper body with a knockout punch but his legs were spindly, when he got hit you could see the punch travel all the way down to his feet. (I hope that makes sense) I will try to catch the other fight later..

Quote Originally Posted by lewjo721
    Just seen he Cotto/ Alvarez fight, Alvarez looks strong a great compact fighter with a good punch and thick set strong legs.
    I think the legs make a big difference to a fighter. Thomas Hearns had a great upper body with a knockout punch but his legs were spindly, when he got hit you could see the punch travel all the way down to his feet. (I hope that makes sense) I will try to catch the other fight later..
    Of course it makes sense. Anyone who follows boxing will know what you're referring to.
    Just like the Foreman v Moorer fight.
    Some alleged the latter took a dive from such a short punch.
    But a boxing fan will notice that Foreman pull that punch from his shoulder and then unleashed it. Just like a taut spring.
    The power from that kind of punch is enormous. All that energy and power unleashed. Anyone on the receiving end will go down.

Btw I heard there's a great pre-fight event ar Dusseldorf airport with Fury serenadin

Foreman must have been one of the hardest punchers of all time, that was no dive by Moorer.
    I know Fury is English but I cannot stand the idiot, I hope WK flattens him and shuts the pratt up. Unfortunately I think it could go either way. There aint many British fighters I have disliked over the years in fact I can only think of one other and that was Naseem Ahmed who got his commupence when he went to the States.

Now 961 I'm not trying to stereo type or being racist but there was just too much hype with 'Prince Nassem'.

Being a Muslim and a champion led to an extraordinary number of Muslims the world over jumping on the bandwagon. Praising him as a true great which he clearly wasn't.

Rather a better Muslim champion is Amir Khan although even he couldn't be considered a great.
    Lots of weakness especially opening himself up to direct hits on his almost 'glass chin.'

Instead the Muslims already have a true great and greatest Champion of all time - Muhammed Ali.
    Or even Hasim Rahman although a 1 fight wonder he dropped Lewis and was a worthy champion in that fight.
    That victory alone against a true great like Lewis trumps whatever achievement Nassem ever achieved in the ring.

Nassem was great fighting in his own back yard of Sheffield, but when he ventured over to US and didn't have the crowd behind him things were different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12