+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day fixtures

Boxing Day fixtures

Just had a look at the Boxing Day fixture list in Scotland and apart from the Hearts v Celtic & Rangers v Hibs games which were moved for TV , there's a full fixture list .

Why oh why did Queens and Morton agree to move their game . It remains an absolute mystery and not one single reason they've given makes any sense .

What a balls up

re: Boxing Day fixtures

Hardly a balls up.

They made the decision, right or wrong.

The games been played,we got 3 points, that's good enough for me.

Personally I would have liked the game on Boxing Day but there we go.

What was the official excuse for moving that fixture ?

Still can't believe we've no game this Saturday

Still cannot believe it will be NINE weeks since our last Saturday game at Palmy when Alloa visit
    on 23rd January 2016

Football over the festive season has been part and parcel of the game for decades . The fact the every other club throughout Britain has a fixture makes a mockery of all the excuses Queens and Morton came out with

Just like to wish the Board, Management, Players and Staff at QOSFC a Happy and enjoyable Christmas season.

I am sure just because there is no Festive fixture that there will be no slacking in their schedule but hopefully they get to spend some conventional time with their families and friends and return re-juvenated for what is a make or break month in January.

I have seen many Boxing Day games - not always good - and have always looked forward to them and probably would have done the same this season.

However, the decision has been made and is all in the past and it really is time for some to move on !

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley2
    Just like to wish the Board, Management, Players and Staff at QOSFC a Happy and enjoyable Christmas season.

I am sure just because there is no Festive fixture that there will be no slacking in their schedule but hopefully they get to spend some conventional time with their families and friends and return re-juvenated for what is a make or break month in January.

I have seen many Boxing Day games - not always good - and have always looked forward to them and probably would have done the same this season.

However, the decision has been made and is all in the past and it really is time for some to move on !
    Incorrect Nithvalley . Whilst every other trains on Christmas Day & plays on Boxing Day we won't be !!!!

Some interesting crowd stats from previous festive fixtures -

Season 2000/01 January 2nd Queens v Stranraer attendance 1,643 previous home game 1,288 v Queens Park

Season 2002/03 January 1st , Queens v Ayr United attendance 2,921 previous home game 2,111 v Alloa

Season 2003/04 December 27th , Queens v Falkirk attendance 4,075 previous home game 1,736 v Brechin City

Season 2004/05 January 1st , Queens v Hamilton attendance 1,790 previous home game 1,588 v Ross County

Season 2005/06 December 26th , Queens v St Mirren attendance 2,421 previous home game 1,276 v Ross County

Season 2006/07 January 2nd , Queens v Gretna attendance 3,714 previous home game 1,577 v Airdrie

Season 2007/08 December 26th Queens v Dundee attendance 1,980 previous home game 1,753 v Partick Thistle

" Incorrect Nithvalley . Whilst every other trains on Christmas Day & plays on Boxing Day "

Incorrect arroll. Do the research and you will find that some Managers believe that training on Christmas Eve and then giving players time with their families on Christmas Day is the best way to approach the festive fixture list.

Not totally relevant to our situation but it is important to be factually correct.

Some good games there palmylad.

The Falkirk one stands out for me, really good game and attendance. The Dundee one was very significant as it turned our whole season around - let's hope for the same again.

The Hamilton one I didn't go to - atrocious weather just like this year. The Gretna one I wish I hadn't gone to !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)